Would this be too much? Bathroom/bedroom tiles.

(18 Posts)
Ferrisday Sat 18-Mar-17 22:21:56

These tiles in the small ensuite shower room , floor and wall.
And also on the floor in the bedroom?

I wanted to get a whitewashed wooden floor for bedroom, but then saw these tiles that look like wood.
What do you think?

Fourbyfour Sat 18-Mar-17 22:24:00

Personally if it was on all the walls and floor it would feel like a sauna/log cabin.
I'd also not go for tiles in the bedroom, go for wood.

Ferrisday Sat 18-Mar-17 22:52:09

I was going for a beachy washed out look.

Don't know what else I could put on the walls

Ferrisday Sat 18-Mar-17 23:00:47

Bedroom?

Ferrisday Sat 18-Mar-17 23:05:21

?

Ferrisday Sat 18-Mar-17 23:06:17

?

JoJoSM2 Sat 18-Mar-17 23:55:29

Personally, I'd go with a wooden floor in the bedroom and tiles that look like tiles in the en suite.

JellyTeapot Sun 19-Mar-17 08:08:27

I'd go with wood in the bedroom - the thought of waking up on a cold morning and stepping onto a tiled floor makes me shiver! Love them in the bathroom though.

Ferrisday Sun 19-Mar-17 08:49:50

Would put underfloor heating in the bedroom?
Still no?
I really liked the idea of having the same floor all the way through

Astro55 Sun 19-Mar-17 08:52:44

Would heavy furniture not crack the tiles? Don't think they'd take the weight of out bed let alone with us in it!

Ferrisday Sun 19-Mar-17 10:23:10

I think plenty of people have tiled floors in living areas- most of Europe I would think.

Mungobungo Sun 19-Mar-17 10:31:26

Before you tile/ lay hard floor in bedroom please consider neighbours if you're attached. Sound really carries and echoes and footsteps on hard floor crossing the walls into next door late at night really won't be appreciated.
IME it's a living hell listening to every footstep from next door.

Ferrisday Sun 19-Mar-17 12:31:33

Fortunately the house is detached so don't have to worry about that.
I'm really stuck now, don't know what to do

Mungobungo Sun 19-Mar-17 19:55:23

With underfloor heating it'd be physically warm enough, but it's not to my taste as would look cold if you know what I mean. My big concern would be that it'd be a nightmare to get up if I decided to change flooring, all of the grout etc.

Is it a possibility for you to do the bathroom first and see what it looks like and whether it'd be suitable for the bedroom too? Or do you need to do it all at once?

EnidButton Sun 19-Mar-17 20:08:37

I'd never put white tiles on the floor of an en suite again. They show every, single, tiny hair and speck of dirt. Unless you and anyone else who uses it is 100% hair free then I'd seriously reconsider white on the floor. It's too high maintenance.

EnidButton Sun 19-Mar-17 20:10:16

The last ones you posted would be good. I like them. I'm also unsure about tiles in a bedroom though.

Ferrisday Mon 20-Mar-17 19:21:14

Think I'm back to square1

Mungobungo Mon 20-Mar-17 21:07:14

Oh I like the timber redwood, last pic you posted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now