Talk

Advanced search

Heating switched off but heating still coming on!

(9 Posts)
Millybingbong Sat 18-Mar-17 19:55:48

We had the heating on twice a day over the winter on the timer.

I amended the times a week or so ago as it is much warmer. It is still coming on the old times. I turned it all to holiday mode - it is still coming on the old times. I pressed reset on the thermo - same.

The thermostat machine looks like it is doing what I said, but it doesn't seem to be sending the message to the boiler.

We've turned the whole lot off now to see if that resets it.

Anyone had this? Any clue?

PigletJohn Sat 18-Mar-17 20:37:01

have you got a hot water cylinder?

PigletJohn Sat 18-Mar-17 20:37:54

is the thermostat wireless?

Millybingbong Sat 18-Mar-17 20:49:34

Yes. No. In that order

Red coat on it.
Boiler new Dec 2014

PigletJohn Sat 18-Mar-17 21:06:26

set the HW timer to "off" as well as the CH to "off" (or to 10C if it does not have an "off.")

Does the boiler stop firing?

Take some photos please of your timer/programmer/thermostat, boiler and cylinder, and the pipes and cables around them.

I am particularly interested in a motorised valve like one of these
www.screwfix.com/search?search=port+valve

and in a cylinder thermostat, strapped to it under the jacket, like
www.screwfix.com/c/heating-plumbing/central-heating-controls/cat831450#category=cat831450&brand=danfoss|drayton|honeywell&price_to=25.0

How hot is the tapwater?

pho3be Sat 18-Mar-17 21:12:44

Mine does this sometimes when the hot water comes on

Monkeybunkey Mon 20-Mar-17 09:29:32

Mines doing this when the timer comes on for the hot water. Pretty sure it's the motorised valve in the airing cupboard getting stuck in the middle position as we have hot water in the cylinder. The boiler display shows it's providing heating as well as hot water. Need to get the plumber to look at it when he services the boiler next month....

Millybingbong Tue 21-Mar-17 19:09:35

Well apparently there is a battery in the thermostat!

Problem appears to be solved but in our mucking around we have done something to the hot water so it is not hot enough!

PigletJohn Tue 21-Mar-17 19:30:33

photosphotosphotos

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now