Talk

Advanced search

Best tile paint?

(8 Posts)
wanketyblank Sat 18-Mar-17 14:35:41

Just that really, I have dated coloured tiles above my kitchen units and would like to paint them cream. I'm afraid of making a pigs ear of it though and making it look worse. Any tips? Best paint to use? Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks.

emsyj37 Sat 18-Mar-17 20:09:39

I have recently changed the tiles on my living room fireplace by using tile stickers. They look quite good and nobody so far has been able to tell they are stickers!!
If you do use tile paint you will need to draw the grout lines in again afterwards with a grout pen.

BikeRunSki Sat 18-Mar-17 20:14:47

I've used International Tile Paint in the past, but it still looked like paint, not tiles, even with a grout pen.

McDougal Sat 18-Mar-17 20:16:22

Wilko tile paint looks great in our kitchen. May need a couple of coats but really good finish. Takes an age to dry though.

Brollsdolls Sat 18-Mar-17 20:18:03

Does anyone have any pictures of tile paint in action? I'm also interested in painting our bathroom tiles.

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Sat 18-Mar-17 20:19:24

Posting with interest. I'd like to do our kitchen, but also the bathroom.

McDougal Sat 18-Mar-17 21:41:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

wanketyblank Sat 18-Mar-17 22:21:08

The problem with using stickers is that the edges of the tiles aren't quite square to im afraid they are going to look silly. I do think I'm going have to resort to painting them. Ronseal do a tile paint that has good review on Amazon. I'll see if I can get reviews on the Wilko tile paint too. Thanks all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now