Talk

Advanced search

Kitchen recommendations

(8 Posts)
1stbabyjoy Sat 18-Mar-17 09:42:17

We are currently looking at new kitchens. DIY that our builder will install. Any advice or experience of Wickes, Homebase, Howdens, or others? We hope to buy a cheaper carcass and then accessorise with good handles / granite worktop etc. We are looking at Shaker style for a modern kitchen diner. Any advice would be really appreciated! Thank you in advance...

TheStoatIsStoatallyDifferent Sat 18-Mar-17 18:10:57

Our new kitchen is from DIY kitchens. You have to plan it yourself (loads of help and guides on their website) which takes some effort but the money saved means it either costs less or you can have fancier things in it!

Ours has been in about 6 weeks now and I bloody love it! Couldn't have afforded the colour from anywhere else. Here's a couple of pictures

1stbabyjoy Sat 18-Mar-17 19:29:18

Thank you! Great colour. Looks v nice I will look the company up online. Not heard of them before! Thanks again...

PurpleDaisies Sat 18-Mar-17 19:30:52

Ours was from Wickes and they were fantastic. It looked new when we moved three years after having it done.

HomeExtender Sun 19-Mar-17 19:01:04

DIY kitchens get great reviews on here. Do a search & you'll see....

1stbabyjoy Sun 19-Mar-17 19:11:40

Great thank you!

ProfessorLayton1 Sun 19-Mar-17 19:32:50

Thestoatstotalltdifferent
May I ask you where you got your drawer inserts and cutlery trays please

OMGtwins Sun 19-Mar-17 19:36:25

Ours is Howdens and is lovely, but you need to make sure it's a good fitter, otherwise it'll look rubbish and you'll be overcharged. (Howdens issue 2 invoices, one for cost to your fitter and another for you with whatever mark up the fitter wants on it. Our fitter passed on all the discounts, and we got 70-80% off the "full" price.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now