Talk

Advanced search

Showerpod - anyone any experience?

(2 Posts)
beachbodyunready Fri 17-Mar-17 16:17:37

We have an 1200mm recessed shower in our en-suite that is currently leaking and the grout and seals need replacing. This will be the second time this has had to be done in 4 years and both times have resulted in the ceiling in the room below needing to be repainted.
My DH and I are rubbish st diy so I'm thinking of detains this installed http://www.coramshowerpods.co.uk/product/1200mm-optima-tri-fold-door-white/
They are fully seamed and guaranteed for 25 years.
Anyone had one? If do would you recommend? Are they as good as they sound? I love the thought of no more discoloured grout to bleach and scrub.

Coughingchildren5 Sat 18-Mar-17 06:33:17

I posted a similar question a few months ago and got zero response. I was not met with enthusiasm by installers either. A few stories of leaky pods with invalid guarantees emerged. As they are extremely expensive in my view I abandoned the idea and have decided to go for a conventional shower and tray and tiles. Apparently the problem with failing grout and seals is in the installation, wobbly floor etc. So perhaps look into why it's failing for your installation before forking out 1000s?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now