Talk

Advanced search

Best place for free kitchen design

(6 Posts)
HomeExtender Fri 17-Mar-17 13:42:12

Hi. Where's the best place to get a kitchen design from? I've chosen the kitchen from diy kitchens but just need a free design. Any recommendations?

MissisBoote Fri 17-Mar-17 14:29:49

Any of the sheds will be able to knock you up a design.
Do you know what you want? Or are you expecting them to come up with the vision?

Moanyoldcow Fri 17-Mar-17 15:15:01

I got my kitchen from DIY kitchens and it's fab quality. I used the designer on Wren Kitchens. The people on Homebase etc. drove me mad. I did also sketch out a fair bit on squared paper too.

HomeExtender Fri 17-Mar-17 16:22:19

Thanks. I we had an appointment with Wren last week but they kept me waiting for such a long time we walked out. Will try a different store I think. We have an idea what we want.

MissisBoote Fri 17-Mar-17 16:24:14

They won't give you the drawings or a detailed quote so you made the right decision.
Wickes will give you all the info you need.

wowfudge Fri 17-Mar-17 16:43:38

We used Magnet - but genuinely thought we might buy a kitchen from them when we approached them, having bought a house with a Magnet kitchen which had worn well. The design was great. Sadly their pricing includes a whacking great mark up, which they will only move on slightly. We saved over £10k on units alone with DIY. I've just had a quote for Corian worktop for the island we're having which is £1500 cheaper than Magnet.

I invested around 3-4 hours of my time with Magnet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now