Another floor advise thread please

(13 Posts)
littlemissM92 Thu 16-Mar-17 13:54:30

The tiles have to stay for the time being they arnt what I would choose but it's newly fitted so they are in good nick.. and I have actually looked at some lovely black and white tiled bathrooms on Pinterest but what floor do I go for ?! Thinking changing floor will make it look a lot nicer then what would u go for with towels bath mats like a theme ? Help pleaseeee

wowfudge Thu 16-Mar-17 13:58:48

What's the floor like now?

namechangedtoday15 Thu 16-Mar-17 14:11:29

I'd go for a lightish colour, either in tiles or tile effect depending on your preference and how warm the bathroom is. Probably a lightish grey or a beige and then keep the towels (no bath mat!!) white or to tie in with the floor.

littlemissM92 Thu 16-Mar-17 14:17:01

The floor is very orangey laminate wood effect I think u can see a little of it ? Do u mean go for Lino ? I was hoping someone would say Lino but wasn't sure it would look right grey might be nice then I could have grey and white towels it's a very light room big big window and good lighting x

namechangedtoday15 Thu 16-Mar-17 14:29:57

I suggested tiles or lino/vinyl because a) the wood looks a little too orange / old fashioned in there, and b) I personally don't like tiles unless you have underfloor heating (just my experience of a beautiful fully tiled bathroom in previous house that we put in but didn't think too much about heating and it was gorgeous but oh my, freezing. We have just installed underfloor heating in new extension so could get all the floor levels right with tiles etc, but you may not have the option if you're just trying to change what is already there.

littlemissM92 Thu 16-Mar-17 14:45:43

Yeah I'm not a fan of tiles I think it will be Lino/vinyl but just wasn't sure on colour whether to go light/dark grey or nearer white x

wowfudge Thu 16-Mar-17 19:07:28

Just realised the floor was what I thought was a bath panel - bit of an optical illusion making the shower look like a shower screen on top of the bath! Don't go too pale or too dark or every hair, bit of fluff, etc will show up.

littlemissM92 Thu 16-Mar-17 20:49:30

Advise please ladies

Miniwookie Fri 17-Mar-17 06:34:32

I like the colour of your suggestions but would go more plain as with the texture of your wall tiles it will look too busy IMO. Also I like vinyl that looks like vinyl rather than trying to look like something else.

littlemissM92 Fri 17-Mar-17 06:54:20

Oh gosh this is going to harder than I thought ! Thanku for suggestions

SnowGlobes Fri 17-Mar-17 13:10:11

I agree with mini - something very plain as the existing tiles are fussy enough. Also agree that light grey would look fab. You could post on the 'interior design' 'decoration' topic boards. I'm sure I've seen one!

bouncydog Sat 18-Mar-17 09:31:37

Personally I would look for flooring that ties the black and white together rather than introducing a new colour. We have black floor tiles and black tiled lower walls in our cloakroom with white tiled walls above and it all works well together. We have good lighting in there so it doesn't look too dark. Agree with other posters though, that if you go for a tiled floor you need underfloor heating - quite easy to fit under tiles if you go for an electric system, although the electrician will need to install switches etc outside the bathroom.

littlemissM92 Sat 18-Mar-17 10:43:28

Bouncy dog thanks for advise we Defo arnt having tiles it's gunna be Lino so what would you suggest do you fancy adding a picture ? I need some inspiration pleaseee

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now