Talk

Advanced search

Le Man corner units - yay or nay.

(14 Posts)
HomeExtender Thu 16-Mar-17 13:37:41

Hi
Are Le Man corner units (the kidney pull outs) any good?
Thanks!

daro Thu 16-Mar-17 13:40:30

I have a magic corner unit, rectangular shaped and i find it good I find i use the front 2 units for everyday stuff the the 2 behind that go further into the corner are for heavy big rarely used things.

namechangedtoday15 Thu 16-Mar-17 14:14:57

No, not in my experience. Inherited kitchen had them, don't think kitchen was particularly old and our vendor was an old lady (so unlikely to have become knackered as a result of tons of heavy food / pots being placed on them or tugged at by young children) but they were still useless - didn't turn properly, things fell off the sides. Its why I vowed when I did my kitchen that I would not have corner cupboards!

Allthebestnamesareused Fri 17-Mar-17 15:02:29

namechangedtoday15 - yours don't sound like LeMans ones though, just the circular ones that are useless.

We have LeMans ones now and they are great, you can get so much more on them and easy to access every single area.

Would never go back to just circular ones now.

HomeExtender Fri 17-Mar-17 16:24:50

Yeah Le Mans where you open the door and then have a couple of independent kidney shapes inside you can pull out. Glad you like yours Allthebestnamesareused. Thanks everyone.

RedRobin1 Fri 17-Mar-17 21:37:35

bumping for more responses as we have one Le Mans unit in our kitchen design and I am not entirely sure how good they are. The ones in the showroom looked sturdy and easy to slide in and out. They had heavy pots and pans on them and were easy to pull out.

namechangedtoday15 Fri 17-Mar-17 22:53:33

No they are definitely le mans. Just useless ones.

namechangedtoday15 Fri 17-Mar-17 22:54:03

Should say were. Got rid. Thankfully.

IntoTheMystics Fri 17-Mar-17 23:08:03

What do you put in a corner unit as an alternative to Le Mans? Apart from regular shelving.

PigletJohn Sat 18-Mar-17 00:04:16

things that you intend to leave there until you die and somebody has to clear them out.

FrogFairy Sat 18-Mar-17 00:05:21

Offset shelves like this could work well.

IntoTheMystics Sat 18-Mar-17 06:53:49

Aha... I'm planning a kitchen at the moment and was planning to put in the more costly Le Man, but may think twice.

Thank you!

LessThanJacob Sat 18-Mar-17 07:43:27

We've got Le Mans in our corner unit and they are great. I've got pans and frying pans on the top one and being 7 months pregnant my back is really appreciating not having to reach into the back of the cupboard! We've only had the new kitchen a couple of months but my parents have 2 huge corner cupboards with massive Le Mans and keep loads of dry good on them. They have had them for 5 years now and never had a problem.

CurlyMango Sat 18-Mar-17 08:32:22

We have had Lee mans for about four years. They are fab, very very sturdy and no issues. Would not be without them. They even get cleaned out as it easy to access and no crawling on hands and knees.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now