Which table - help with design please

(4 Posts)
Cherryblossom200 Thu 16-Mar-17 12:56:07

Hi everyone,

I'm doing up my house and going for a kind of Scandinavian/minimalist look. I'm really struggling to decide which colour table to go for - I like them both TBH. My kitchen isn't huge, it's a kitchen diner and I'll be laying solid oak (fairly wide) floorboards, the units are white and I'll be adding a solid oak thin worktop. I absolutely love the look of the oak and white table, but I'm worried the woods won't match and it will be too heavy on the wood 'look' so the other option is to go for the same time in white? I'm getting the oak and white chairs already.

Any good interior types out there who can help steer me in the right direction please? The tables are expensive and I don't want to get it wrong. I've attached just a random oak floor photo so you get a good impression of how it looks. And I'll be putting a big pendant light above the table.

Many thanks

Cherry smile x

7to25 Thu 16-Mar-17 12:57:38

Much much much prefer the oak and white

IHeartKingThistle Thu 16-Mar-17 12:58:47

We have exactly the same kitchen and I went for a white table with coloured chairs. That said, I do sometimes find myself chucking a bright tablecloth over it to break up the white! So I think really either would be fine. Sorry!

Cherryblossom200 Thu 16-Mar-17 13:00:32

You don't think the oak and white will be too much with the oak flooring? I do love the oak and white table too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now