Talk

Advanced search

Looking for village/town near Sheffield/North Nottingham

(10 Posts)
user1489405729 Mon 13-Mar-17 11:56:43

Hi ladies - my husband works at the Uni. of Sheffield (usually goes in 3 day/week) and I work in Hucknall north of Nottingham. We're looking for a nice village/market town that would mean we could both get to work in under an hour. We have one toddler so schools are a consideration.

Ideally we'd like 3 bedrooms and a reasonable garden. Our budget is up to 375,000.

So far we've looked at Bawtry, Bakewell, Matlock and Totley but we're struggling to find somewhere that feels 'right'

GeorgeTheHamster Mon 13-Mar-17 12:16:29

Tickhill?

Kiki1982 Mon 13-Mar-17 14:30:02

What's the secondary school or Tickhill?

katmunchkin Mon 13-Mar-17 21:32:00

I live in the area, some nice places in addition to above would be Linby, Papplewick, Thorpe Salvin, Harthill.

GrumpySausage Mon 13-Mar-17 21:38:10

I second Linby and Papplewick. Both lovely villages and a stones throw from hucknall.

Also Moorgreen, Newthorpe and Watnall are good places. Good schools and mix of houses. Quick drive to Hucknall and very easy access to J26/27 of M1.

damnedgrubble Tue 14-Mar-17 04:06:38

Dore? Dronfield? somewhere in the Peak District?

I'd avoid Matlock as it's full of tourists and bikers a lot of the time. I don't have a problem with bikers but if you want to park your car in the summer then forget it.

LoveMyLittleSuperhero Tue 14-Mar-17 04:44:37

Matlock isn't bad for parking at all but the bikers do descend onto Matlock Bath where as PP said there is rarely parking in summer. live in the area
Gave you looked at Wirksworth and Cromford? They are little villages close to Matlock and lovely.

PossumInAPearTree Tue 14-Mar-17 06:22:06

Which side of Sheffield is he based at because the traffic into Sheffield can be a nightmare. Or would he consider taking the train in?

damnedgrubble Tue 14-Mar-17 07:26:50

Love yes, I meant Matlock Bath not Matlock but I'm not at my best at 4am! grin

LoveMyLittleSuperhero Tue 14-Mar-17 08:34:21

Don't worry damned everyone does it, especially at 4am grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now