Best bathroom layout

(8 Posts)
FacelikeaBagofHammers Mon 13-Mar-17 08:12:53

Hi there,

Wondering can anyone suggest a layout here that might give me room for a walk-in shower? Is the room too small? We would need to keep the bath!

Thannks

notMarlene Mon 13-Mar-17 08:37:25

Keep a bath or keep the bath you currently have? Surely a basin would fit at the foot of the current bath? Shower where the basin is now.

It looks like you have room for bath and shower along the longer wall where the loo is now. Moving the plumbing would be a faff though.

FacelikeaBagofHammers Mon 13-Mar-17 08:42:34

House isn't built yet! These are just the plans and a random placement of furniture for now.

Never thought about putting the sink at the end of the bath. Does anyone here have a shorter than normal bath, like a 1500 or 1600?

notMarlene Mon 13-Mar-17 08:53:27

Ah, right. There shouldn't be a problem at all then! There are several possible configurations that'd work if the plumbing for the loo can be put wherever you fancy.

damnedgrubble Tue 14-Mar-17 04:11:02

We used to have a shorter than normal bath but replaced it with a longer than normal bath because I live with giants and had a lovely shower over the bath rather than a separate shower.

namechangedtoday15 Tue 14-Mar-17 09:46:28

Rotate bath 90 degrees and have it so it is where the sink and toilet are now. Put a walk in shower in the bottom right hand corner - if you have one with a fixed shower screen in the corner so you walk into it where say the numbers 2053 are written.

Back to wall short projection toilet in the top right hand corner - the toilet facing towards the wardrobe wall if you see what I mean, and the sink on the wall where you've got the numbers 2650.

FinallyHere Tue 14-Mar-17 09:58:32

As if you were standing n the doorway, i would have a run of cupboards which included the basin on the wall to your right (other side of the wardrobe wall) , continuing the cupboards on the next wall including the loo (facing the door). Then there would be space for a corner bath followed by a walk in shower. Or bath along the wall which includes the door, shower in he corner diagonal to the door.

What i did, was find a sheet of squared paper to represent the floorspace, then made myself cut outs of paper which could then be moved around. The draw out what each wall would look like. Some sites offer to do this online with 3D modelling software. I think unless you do this many times, squared paper and cut outs is the way to go. Enjoy.

FacelikeaBagofHammers Tue 14-Mar-17 10:01:43

Great suggestions here, thanks all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now