Talk

Advanced search

Ikea Hemnes bathroom furniture experience?

(9 Posts)
mysteryfairy Mon 13-Mar-17 07:14:47

I quite like the look of both the vanity and the tall mirrored cabinet and can't really find anything else I like, even if spending considerably more. I had a vanity made for my house bathroom which is great but cost well into 4 figures so don't want to repeat for every bathroom

The hideously tatty stuff that is being ripped out is ikea so I'm not sure if it's a false economy. Does anyone have this and what do you think?

spencerreidswife Mon 13-Mar-17 07:16:43

Have you had a look on Victoria plumb website we get all our bathroom stuff from there

JoJoSM2 Mon 13-Mar-17 07:44:34

Here's my trusty Hemnes. We recessed the mirrored cabinet and changed the handles on the drawers. I'm very happy with it. In the last house, we had Ikea vanities and cabinets too and they were excellent - good storage and never a single problem with the quality.

Soon2bC Mon 13-Mar-17 13:20:45

i have the tall mirrored cabinet and I love it, I am hoping to get the vanity, but it may be too wide for the bathroom.
Cabinet has been in for a year now and is immaculate, I also get comments about how lovely it is and it looks more expensive than it is.

Currently coveting the Hermnes bed but think I may go for a silent night equivalent.

MsSampson Mon 13-Mar-17 13:46:13

We have a Hemnes vanity in both the main bathroom and downstairs loo, with ikea sinks and taps. Love them - great quality for the price

highwoodwitch Mon 13-Mar-17 14:12:28

We have the mirrored cabinet. As it was quite high on the wall above the tiles we couldn't see in the mirror and so we had a piece of mirror cut to go above the shelf. Looks better and also reflects anything on the shelf. Very pleased with it.

hyperspacebug Mon 13-Mar-17 15:26:56

We have Hemnes single unit - mirror and sink unit cabinet, with IKEA sink but Bristan taps. 3 years on and still going strong. Love it - no scuff marks and we have 3 rowdy children.

I'm also anxious about quality and usually go for higher end stuff, but I am glad I did go for IKEA as there was nothing similar to it. I have terrible experience with IKEA flimsy MDF furniture, but Hemnes is one of the more expensive ranges in IKEA.

2bluestars Mon 13-Mar-17 19:19:51

I have the hemnes day bed and its been fab.

TeddyBee Mon 13-Mar-17 19:46:34

My Hemnes vanity swelled horribly with water - I have a slightly messy husband, but I was so cross. It's the white painted MDF one and I don't know if it's changed since (the black stained version in the kids bathroom has been excellent). In any case I sanded the bugger down and painted it in satinwood to match the bath panel and it looks lovely, but I'm irritated that I had to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now