Talk

Advanced search

polyflor camaro loc vs quickstep impressive

(12 Posts)
muckylittlepaws Sat 11-Mar-17 08:22:48

We've just started some extension work and I'm considering flooring. Our budget isn't massive, and we also need to keep fitting costs down so Karndean and Amtico is out of the question. I'm keen on both of the above but wondering whether people have experience of either, or both and would like to share!

More generally, I'm not sure what the relative pros and cons are of LVTs are over laminate and vice versa - is it that vinyl is warmer under foot and quieter but laminate is harder wearing and less likely to scratch?

Any help much appreciated, my head hurts from thinking about it.

RubyRedRuby Sat 11-Mar-17 08:50:26

Bl@@dy flooring! It's such a hard decision isn't it, I'm wrangling with the same thing. We'd love engineered oak but a large area (several rooms) which need doing and it's just too £££.
I love the polyflor Camaro lock - currently have samples of it all over my kitchen table!
I went to about five different flooring places last week. My main observation between the laminate and vinyl is that the better quality laminate boards seemed to have a micro bevel around the edge so that when they are down they look more like a proper wood board. I was very impressed with them actually, they are nothing like laminate used to be, but am struggling to get my enormous inner snob over the hurdle of it being laminateblush. Of the laminates I saw, quick step was my preferred one. Lots of places had one called Balaro I think. The colours were nice but it was too shiny for my liking.
I haven't answered your question at all I think but glad to see a post from another floor obsessive grin

Idefix Sat 11-Mar-17 10:08:02

Haha coming to join you! I was dead set against laminate and really thought I wanted engineered wood but after long discussion with friend who is on his second renovation I may be changing my mind...friend is a huge fan of quickstep impressive really needs to get over the snob factor

I also love tiles and stone but the price for fitting stone blows that ideas completely out of the water.

Really don't know what to choose hmm but want something long lasting and not clacky iyswim.

Idefix Sat 11-Mar-17 10:14:20

Mucky are you fitting yourself? Does the cost of fitting polyfloor similar to laminate?

muckylittlepaws Sat 11-Mar-17 11:25:09

It's a really tough decision, especially when I have no creative vision at all!!

Idefix, nooo I'm definitely not fitting myself. As far as I can gather the cost of fitting the original Polyflor is the same as the cost of fitting Karndean etc, so expensive. But the new range of Polyflor LOC fits together like laminate so it costs the same to fit as laminate. So it's roughly the same price as the quickstep impressive to fit.

I might just flip a coin and be done with it!

Idefix Sat 11-Mar-17 12:08:50

grin let me know the results of the coin tossing!

I am very unrealistically hoping for flagstones under the carpets I have only been to our cottage once and never thought to look, I have another 4 1/2 weeks before we move. I blame my ddad, he casually remarked that a cottage built in 1800 would have a solid rather than suspended floor. Suspect I shall be disappointed...

So in the meantime I am being practical and looking at long lasting astheically pleasing and in budget flooring.

Good to hear the price is similar!

Idefix Sat 11-Mar-17 12:10:55

Dh says if it did have flagstones they are probably long gone and I need to get a grip supportive much and choose something grin

YorkshireTea86 Sat 11-Mar-17 13:51:46

Watching too. Like both of these for kitchen as budget won't stretch to traditional lvts. Too cold for tiles.

muckylittlepaws Sun 12-Mar-17 20:56:33

I think I'll get a sample of the quickstep (have the polyflor already) and do a scratch test on them both. So hard to choose. First world problems!!

YorkshireTea86 Thu 07-Sep-17 09:12:51

sorry to resurrect an old thread but wondered what you had decided to get? and if it was the polyflor loc how has it been? Currently have samples in my kitchen!

Dumdedumdum Sat 09-Sep-17 02:58:20

@muckylittlepaws

MarshmallowFluffee Sat 09-Sep-17 09:20:33

I'm one of the posters on this thread (shiny new name change).
We went for quickstep balance Livyn. We're really please with it so far - only been down two months - seems to be holding up to family life (dc and cats) and feels really nice to walk on. Wipes clean beautifully and I've had compliments from some of my more discerning judgey family and friends - bonus! In fact my parents liked it so much they are looking into it for their house smile
Also, I scratched a piece (a screw got wedged under a door - don't ask!) and the flooring guy (who was there doing another room) was able to just pop in a new piece and it was good at new.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now