Talk

Advanced search

So many duck eggs

(6 Posts)
Soon2bC Fri 10-Mar-17 11:59:33

I have decided i want to paint my bedroom duck egg blue.
I currently have pale grey furniture with light oak tops and think the grey and blue would be pretty.
my room is quite big and has a huge window but is north facing.

there are so many duck egg blues!!!!! has anyone used a good duck egg that they would be willing to show me or recommend? Or can you suggest another colour which would work with my furniture (which is new so I dont want to replace that yet) www.wayfair.co.uk/Hazelwood-Home-Bedroom-Set-HZEL2410.html furniture is a bit like this!

SquinkiesRule Fri 10-Mar-17 16:51:22

I can't recommend as I was thinking te same as you. Change my two painted walls to a sort of very pale Duck egg colour. We have all white bedroom furniture. I think it'll look lovely.

OhIfIMust Sat 11-Mar-17 20:57:39

Laura Ashley pale duck egg is nice. Have used in a previous house with cream / grey furniture palette. They do good quality paint.

bluemarble Sat 11-Mar-17 22:37:04

If you want a 'bluey' duck egg blue then Farrow & Ball's 'pale powder' is lovely.

Or for more of a 'grey/green' duck egg blue then Little Greene Paint's 'pearl colour' is gorgeous (also available in paler shades - pearl colour mid is a good bedroom colour')

Neolara Sat 11-Mar-17 23:42:23

We have F & B pale powder. The tester looks green, but on the walls it looks a soft blue. Goes brilliantly with a bright green sofa.. Somehow the contrast between the two colours accentuates the blue.

Soon2bC Mon 13-Mar-17 13:24:27

We definitely want a blue as apposed to a green egg. Dont think the budget will stretch to F&B.

Homebase have a lovely pale duck egg one in their colours range but I am worried that it will be bad paint as it is really cheap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now