We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Room layout help

(3 Posts)
MissDuke Thu 09-Mar-17 13:07:16

We are buying a house which we are very happy with except for one thing - the layout of the lounge is weird. The fireplace faces the door but the position of the door makes it impossible to lay out the furniture nicely around the fire and TV. I would like to move the door up a bit I think so that a sofa would fit between the door and bay window with another at a right angle to it - either with its back to the window or with its back to the rest of the room which will have a dining table. The living room will actually be our master bedroom unfortunately or we would be using it instead. I definitely think the wall is load bearing so it wouldn't be a straightforward job.

I suppose we could put the table at that end and the furniture at the other end but then we wouldn't be sitting in front of the fire, this seems weird to me!

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks smile

namechangedtoday15 Thu 09-Mar-17 13:12:44

Have one L shaped sofa opposite the window (with its back to the rest of the room) with the short bit of the L along the wall with the hall. Then in the corner between the door and the bay window have a lovely armchair and footstool (that I'd sit in pretty much all the time admiring the view smile!)

MissDuke Thu 09-Mar-17 13:22:05

Ooooh I love that idea, thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now