Talk

Advanced search

Is this a decent quote for Abingdon carpet and Amtico

(5 Posts)
user1489004553 Wed 08-Mar-17 20:25:32

I am getting Abingdon deep feelings carpet upstairs and Amtico downstairs for a new build.

Quote is £5,800 for supply and fit for both. £3050 for Amtico on its own.

Total estimates are carpet 85m2 and amtico 42m2

wowfudge Wed 08-Mar-17 20:30:37

What's the fitting cost on the Amtico?

ceminem Wed 08-Mar-17 20:34:31

I've been told that £700 is to be paid direct to the fitter, £2350 will be paid for the Amtico, screed and materials. I can get the Amtico online for £1400 but would need a fitter. The quote is from a premium Amtico retailer, I want to ensure that quality and guarantee is maintained so quite reluctant to source a independent fitter if I went down the own supply route.

wowfudge Wed 08-Mar-17 20:45:02

Okay - Carpetright state they fit LVT for £10 per square metre on their website. We had a quote where the fitting costs were £12psm for Amtico or whichever other LVT was supplied. So £16 is on the more expensive side. The fitters are subcontractors if you are paying them direct so just watch the terms of what you are signing up to. I think we were quoted £40 ish psm for Amtico Spacia.

ceminem Wed 08-Mar-17 20:51:56

Carpetright said they didn't supply or fit amtico when I asked. Quotes have varied from £3k - £4.5k. Pretty good reviews from the flooring company I noted above, so I think for the peace of mind its worth it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now