Talk

Advanced search

Two quick IKEA questions

(13 Posts)
MsSampson Wed 08-Mar-17 07:51:26

Quick in the sense I'm planning on going today and haven't really planned ahead...

Will IKEA accept returns without a receipt? I've got fully boxed light fittings that we just didn't need, but the receipts are long gone. I only want store credit, will they do that?

Also, can you buy fitted kitchen extras from the warehouse, or do you need to order them? I want an extra shelf for a cupboard, and one of the internal drawer thingies, and I'd rather not go through the whole ordering faff.

My main goal for this trip though is to remember take some blue bags, rather than bringing yet more back home grin

jojosapphire Wed 08-Mar-17 08:11:39

I know they take returns without reciept if you used your family card, not sure otherwise.
I have bought kitchen units and shelves on the day before i think you can check stock online. But i did have to drive around the back to bristols 2nd warehouse to collect them!

Hth
Have fun!

bigchangesabound Wed 08-Mar-17 08:19:37

I ve taken things back to IKEA with no receipt, is ok as long as it's still in stock ie not discontinued.
Go straight to the warehouse and they usually have computers to help find where things are, save you traipsing round the store but yes you should be able to buy extras shelves, etc. One of the benefits of ikea!

OnceUponATimeInLondon Wed 08-Mar-17 10:11:25

They have a new policy on receipts - no exchange or refund without them. Had this problem last week as that wasn't always the policy. Sorry sad

OnceUponATimeInLondon Wed 08-Mar-17 10:11:55

365 days with a receipt BTW!

MsSampson Wed 08-Mar-17 10:13:49

Urgh. I'm just in the queue. How annoying! I've filled the boot with stuff to return, so it will mean I can't buy as much as well! Does anyone want to buy some IKEA light fittings?

SavoyCabbage Wed 08-Mar-17 10:16:56

On the website it says that they '^may^' not give you a refund or issue a credit note if the return criteria is not met. Which is in original packaging and with the receipt.

MsSampson Wed 08-Mar-17 10:32:39

They let me! Said it was fine as long as they were still in stock. £120 of IKEA vouchers, exciting times....

jojosapphire Wed 08-Mar-17 17:15:17

Super news! We are possibly going for an ikea kitchen so will have an excuse for lots of visits!

OnceUponATimeInLondon Wed 08-Mar-17 18:55:56

Ah great smile

MiaowTheCat Wed 08-Mar-17 19:25:09

Never ever ever ever go to Ikea with my 3 year old.

Pull into the carpark...
"Dey sell meatballs here mummy"

Get out of car...
"Mummy dey have meaballs here"

Every 2 seconds around the store...
"Mummy dey sell meeballs here. I like meeballs. I need meeballs"

Get into the car going home (after meatball related detour)
"Is it lunchtime yet? I nee' meeballs now"

Child is bloody obsessed!

OnceUponATimeInLondon Wed 08-Mar-17 20:48:54

They have a point...

RyanStartedTheFire Thu 09-Mar-17 09:17:17

If someone could pick me up some frozen meatballs that would be just fantastic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now