Talk

Advanced search

Quote for a new fuse box

(5 Posts)
MummyPigLovesAppleSauce Tue 07-Mar-17 22:08:46

I posted a few weeks ago about the survey on the new house alerting us to have the fuse box checked and potentially replaced. Had a look and sure enough, it needs a new fuse box as it's currently the old wire type fuses. Got a spark to come and give us a quote and he has said it will cost around £700 inc VAT!!! That can't be right, surely?!

Anyone know what I should be expecting to pay for a new fuse box and safety check? Obviously, we need a few more quotes but anyone know what is reasonable to pay?

Thanks all!

wowfudge Tue 07-Mar-17 22:20:05

That's more than double than I would expect for that, unless I'm really out of touch. Is that just supplying and fitting the consumer unit or does it include something else as well?

Bluntness100 Tue 07-Mar-17 22:26:26

Blimey, I had an wire one replaced and electrics checked, a couple of security lights fitted and s light fitted upstairs, think all in it was four or five hundred in total. South east couple of years ago,

Get some more quotes, he's taking the piss.

krakentoast Tue 07-Mar-17 23:43:11

We just did this and paid £295 including VAT - and chose from two different, almost identical, quotes from different electricians (the other one was £300).

Get another quote!

TheWormThatTurned Wed 08-Mar-17 02:05:14

I just had one installed today and paid around £350. Got 3 quotes and they were all in that ballpark. I'm in the SE.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now