Talk

Advanced search

Brain fog parquet

(10 Posts)
Idefix Tue 07-Mar-17 08:30:45

So my brain is addled, after 2x major surgery in the last 6 weeks, now lying in bed recovering for 6 weeks...

^ this is I know a poor excuse, but is the only one I have got grin

A wise mn posted on a flooring thread about a company that supplies end of line wood flooring. They put any image of beautiful parquet flooring. I would be so grateful if they give me the link <pretty please>

Would be grateful for any flooring advice. We will be moving back to uk in 6 weeks (no pressure to get better then hmm really!) and need to get are heads round all of this. I have ordered white stained cork click board type flooring for the bedrooms here because the price was so good compared to uk but that's about it sad. Being ill has pulled the rug from under me so to speak!

I expect I will be on here a lot over the next few months our cottage is lovely but from my one viewing after we bourght it I know, we are those kind of idiots! it needs new floors and decoration throughout. Good things are the wiring is good and the kitchen and bathroom are good smile

All words of wisdom will be taken on board.

Idefix Tue 07-Mar-17 08:32:25

Grrr our not are, 2 ops on my fanjo have ruined my English language skills blush

Floggingmolly Tue 07-Mar-17 08:34:24

Sorry, no idea, but you don't mind if I lurk?

Idefix Tue 07-Mar-17 08:41:34

Yay, I love a lurker Molly smile
Absolutely bricking having to be in charge of this cottage! Have spent the last 7 yrs in company accommodation/private hirings so am clueless...

Any advice on a very small solid fuel/wood burning stove would be fab. I like the salamander stove company will try a link...

Idefix Tue 07-Mar-17 08:44:34

salamanderstoves.com

It may be just the name I like The Hobbit...

Floggingmolly Tue 07-Mar-17 08:52:10

A hobbit stove! grin. Go for it.

averythinline Tue 07-Mar-17 08:56:22

flowersfor the operations

also lurking for the flooring - but re small stoves like these

www.chillipenguin.co.uk/

Idefix Tue 07-Mar-17 14:31:36

Physio, lunch and nap do Need!

Really like the chillipenguin stoves, especially that they are made in the uk but sadly Thinline they are not in budget sad...

Sadly my unexpected second emergency op has meant that I won't be bringing an income in for 6 weeks and this is going to eat into a little bit of our 8000 budget. <tightening our belts, and I want Marlborough botanical tiles more blush

Think my house is going to be a bit of a cliche...

Idefix Wed 08-Mar-17 07:28:21

Gahhhh forgot to bump for lovely evening mnetters.

Idefix Wed 08-Mar-17 18:11:58

Mmm I think I imagined this thread. I have scrolled through 75 pages of property and diy and I Have opened every thread about flooring to no avail.

I am beginning to think I imagined it...wishful thinking maybe?

Very open to suggestions for flooring and good sites.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now