Advanced search

<sigh> two yrs on from extension . . . problems

(4 Posts)
doyouthinkso Mon 06-Mar-17 21:50:27

Our lovely house is now at the stage post major extension where it is now 'falling apart'. All looked lovely but we've now discovered very poor quality workmanship has led to leaky shower trays and tiles in two bathrooms needing full retiling and floors replacing. Original builder has just shrugged and wished us luck. Used JCT contract which we believe offers 6 yrs come back on builder but how to enforce this?

What next

YorkieDorkie Mon 06-Mar-17 22:11:53

No advice but bumping for you. What a nightmare.

RaisinsAndApple Mon 06-Mar-17 22:52:24

The contract should state how to deal with defects in the small print and where to go for arbitration if disputes.

JoJoSM2 Mon 06-Mar-17 23:29:31

You could take them to court. You'd need to make sure you can demonstrate what the original agreement was, that they breeched it, they are unwilling to sort it out and that you'd now be out of pocket because of this.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: