Talk

Advanced search

How much can EA's tell you

(18 Posts)
sleepdep Mon 06-Mar-17 21:19:50

We had a viewing booked on our dream home a few Fridays ago scrolling through rightmove the Wednesday before we seen it was now STC so we rang the EA's to confirm and they'd accepted the offer previous to our viewing, what's people's opinions on ringing up the EA to see how likely sale is to go through? We won't be willing to try and gazump someone that isn't the case here just wondering if they'd tell us anything like that?

- we know we would buy the house before viewing as it's next door to my dads, same house same owners from it being newly built just like my dad so we know all about the house

NoArmaniNoPunani Mon 06-Mar-17 21:21:48

It can't hurt to register your interest

sleepdep Mon 06-Mar-17 21:28:59

I might make a cheeky call tomorrow then! 😳

Usernamewithnodigits Mon 06-Mar-17 21:46:40

There are 1000 reasons for the current sale on the house you like for not completing.

You really have got to show an interest for if that time comes wink

sleepdep Mon 06-Mar-17 22:02:15

I'll keep that in mind 😉 I'll be ringing daily 😂✋🏻 the EA arnt well known for getting back to people, they are actually pretty poor so let's hope they make a mistake somewhere down the line! No that's awful I can't say that

Rollercoaster1920 Mon 06-Mar-17 22:08:36

Talk to the owners, surely your dad knows them.

sleepdep Mon 06-Mar-17 22:31:32

The house is empty They moved out a while ago now, they kept themselves to themselves leaving noo chain and it seems no trace 😂

NewPurrs5 Tue 07-Mar-17 06:28:44

I'd knock on the door too.

But yes call and keep hassling the agents, we fell in love with our house but they'd already accepted an offer that morning. We were gutted. FOUR months later we were stood in another shit tip of a house viewing (not a big budget) still helplessly reeling over our 'loss' when the agent called and said it had all fallen apart and were we still interested? 8 weeks later we completed and moved in. and discovered everything was shit so goodbye life savings

Anyways. At the time a friend told me that's how they'd gotten their home but I didn't believe it would happen. But it did! So hang tight. Good luck!

sleepdep Tue 07-Mar-17 08:08:27

I wish I could knock on, I'd be straight round.

We've left it a few weeks now so it might be a no hope, we'll see when I ring later! It's already fell through once for some reason, it doesn't concern us we know it's nothing wrong with the property or vendors so doubt it will happen again, there's only hope!

user1484830599 Tue 07-Mar-17 08:23:32

I'm not sure I would ring them, but do keep an eye on it.

I fell in love with a house but it was too early for us to move. I hoped it would hang around but of course it sold. Anyway, a few days before Christmas it came back on the market in my rightmove search but I never had an alert about it (I had email alerts set up that would include that property). I got straight on the agent to arrange a viewing, and all being well we will exchange next week (still a bit earlier than I wanted to move, but actually doable now!)

Sales fall through all the time, so definitely worth keeping an eye on.

sleepdep Tue 07-Mar-17 09:08:23

That's positive news!
That's how we found out this one had sold rightmove the agents didn't ring to cancel viewing I had to ring them
Hope all goes well with your move I suppose if it's meant to be it's meant to be

MissDuke Tue 07-Mar-17 09:58:31

I would definitely register interest with them, that way if it did fall through, they would hopefully call you before even marketing it. Got to be worth a try!

sleepdep Tue 07-Mar-17 10:16:12

I have already told them that when I found out it's sold but I don't think they took it to seriously
I'll give them a ring see what they say, nothing lost is there

RTKangaMummy Tue 07-Mar-17 10:32:22

If you are local to EA go into the branch on a weekly basis cos then they can't ignore you or fob you off by saying Gladys who is doing that sale is with a customer or on lunch or doing a viewing or on holiday etc so we will ask her to ring you back when she returns then she never does ............ angryangryangry

Good luck smile

SnowGlobes Tue 07-Mar-17 10:52:32

Definitely tell them you are interested and if the sale doesn't proceed to pls let you know. Also ask them to inform you if acsimilar property is in the pipeline - you never know!! I'm constantly emailing and calling the EAs in my area! They know exactly what I'm looking for and hopefully the second they take a house on that fits my criteria they'll be calling me. Well, fingers crossed!! Good luck!!

sleepdep Tue 07-Mar-17 11:33:45

Yeah I've had enough fobbing off already from countless other EA's hmm
They don't come up very often where it is, it's just one row of detached and since my dads lived there (from a new build 25years) 3 have come up for sale, all the rest are the original owners shock which I very unusual probably why it sold so quickly

SnowGlobes Tue 07-Mar-17 14:16:45

Is it worth leafleting all the others in the road. Alternatively swap with you dad! grin

sleepdep Tue 07-Mar-17 19:57:21

I've begged my dad! grin he's not having non of it because my younger brother still lives there, never thought of leafleting but I think that might be a step to far as the whole street no me haha

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now