Good (Non religious) schools?
Commute to London (dare I ask?)

Thanks 💐

sallylondon Fri 03-Mar-17 17:09:14

It's very, very pretty.

sallylondon Fri 03-Mar-17 17:09:28

(Not very helpful I know)

Chottie Fri 03-Mar-17 17:14:09

It has cobbled streets, is very hilly and has lots of visitors all the year round. There are lots of cute shops selling to the tourist trade too.

sexymuthafunker Fri 03-Mar-17 20:22:48

Thanks! Yes looks lovely.
Any Rye locals out there:
What's it like to live there?
Are people nice? Open minded?
What do you get up to that's fun?
What do you love about living there?
Anything you don't like about it?
How does it compare to Whitstable?
Honestly I would love to know your thoughts....

sexymuthafunker Fri 03-Mar-17 20:43:02

What about Deal or Broadstairs? Where's the best seaside town to live and why??

mymatemarmite Fri 03-Mar-17 20:46:29

Deal is really lovely, good transport links to London, great primary and grammar schools. Beach is pebbles. Lovely walks and they have a bandstand where brass bands play in the summer. It also has a paddling pool open through out the summer which is free and very very popular.

fatbottomgirl67 Fri 03-Mar-17 20:58:06

It's a very nice town. Am local. Commuting is not that easy but can go from Ashford which has quick train links. Town quite well set up but no sensible supermarket.Senior School is not that great. Lots of other nice places near by. Tenterden is a nice town. Good shops, schools eye. Can commute from headcorn. Cranbrook also good. Both have good schools and as they are in Kent there is grammar school option

LumpishAndIllogical Fri 03-Mar-17 21:13:52

My dad grew up in Rye and gran lived near there until she died, it's very beautiful but not sure about people being open minded. I think it's pretty conservative. Hopefully someone will correct me?

I loved visiting it as a child! So have slight rose tinted memories of my grans cottage there. It's quite quiet and I don't think the transport connections are amazing, depends on what you need them for tho!

fatbottomgirl67 Fri 03-Mar-17 21:17:45

Should add there is plenty to do around here. Camber sands just down the road. Beautiful countryside. Lovely boutique Cinemas in rye and hawkhurst. I guess it depends where you move from. Compared to London it's very quiet but if your after a slower pace of life, village community, etc it's perfect

SarfEast1cated Thu 16-Mar-17 16:18:39

Hi OP, I toy with the idea of moving there too. We always find loads to do when we go down there for the holidays. The houses seem to be lovely in the centre but no gardens, or 1930/40's terraces on the roads leading into town. And I did read somewhere that parts of it are susceptible to flooding, but am sure local people on here will know more. I liked the look of the studio school there, I'm not sure what the main school is like. The school I have found with the best Ofsted is in Battle, but not sure if that area floats your boat... Or if in fact whether Ofsted matters that much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now