Talk

Advanced search

Moving to Leighton buzzard

(8 Posts)
Otilia Thu 02-Mar-17 18:43:05

Hi ladies

We are looking at moving to Leighton buzzard from south East london and i wanted to know if anyone lives there or knows about it, any places to avoid and if any one knows the planet development, if its alright. We want an area that is near the train station or easy to use the bus to the station,my husband will be commuting to london.
Thank you

GRW Thu 02-Mar-17 19:08:17

It's my home town and my parents still live there. The train link into Euston is faster than other routes in nearby towns like Aylesbury. There are a lot of new houses in Leighton Buzzard and the traffic is a lot busier than it used to be. I don't know much about schools, but they have a 3 tier system, so first school goes from reception to year 4, then middle school from year 5 to year 8, and senior school from year 9.

Otilia Thu 02-Mar-17 19:11:03

Thank you for that, so overly its a good town to stay with kids?

GRW Thu 02-Mar-17 19:20:26

Yes I think so. As far as I am aware schools are good. There is Stockgrove Park near Heath and Reach, and you are only half an hour from Milton Keynes which has a lot of amenities. Leighton Buzzard has several supermarkets and a weekly market on the high street.

lydiangel83 Sun 02-Apr-17 18:56:29

Hi we moved from south west London last year and getting used to life in the country! Lots of outdoor things to do and train connection is good, I miss the shops and restaurants / cafes of London though!

Keen to hear from any other local ladies :-)

JellyWitch Sun 02-Apr-17 20:25:56

I'm in a village on the Bucks side of the border, not very far away. LB is a decent market town. Plenty to do locally for small children and with MK not far away for big town stuff.

Schools on the Linslade side are popular with friends of ours and I would look that side within walking distance of the station if I was considering moving into town.

Otilia Sun 02-Apr-17 23:30:20

Thank you for the feedback, we just moved a few days ago, its a big adjustment from london life but so far seems decent.

lydiangel83 Mon 03-Apr-17 09:09:26

Hi @Otilia welcome to the area! I know what you mean about adjustment from London - we moved from Tooting last year! Lots of things to do here and only 30 mins away from your London fix if needed :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now