We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone have a DIY Norton kitchen?

(13 Posts)
HomeExtender Sun 26-Feb-17 21:22:09

Hi we are thinking of getting the DIY Norton kitchen (colours yet to be decided) and wondered if anyone has one and would be willing to share pics? The showroom only had a tiny display and the online pics don't show the 3 drawers configuration. Any pics greatly appreciated!

Crumbelina Fri 03-Mar-17 18:46:15

I'm going to give this a little bump as I'm pretty sure I've seen the Norton style mentioned on here. I'm also really interested in this kitchen (as I can't afford a bespoke Devol kitchen) and would love to see some photos if anyone can help?

OnePlanOnHouzz Sun 05-Mar-17 08:28:32

One of my clients chose a Norton kitchen - this is a close up of the 3drawer still at fitting stage - hope that helps !
smile

Crumbelina Sun 05-Mar-17 09:33:49

Oh, thank you, OnePlan! This is really helpful and I really like the style close up. I think I'm going to opt for Norton in Farrow and Ball 'Railings'. Not quite Devol but I can't justify £25k+!

HomeExtender Mon 06-Mar-17 10:33:07

Thank you for the photograph it looks lovely. Although to me the photo looks like it is an in-frame kitchen or is it me? This is from DIY kitchens online

Crumbelina Mon 06-Mar-17 17:40:56

I don't think the Norton style is in-frame as such. I can't do links at the moment but Google the Helmsley kitchen also made by DIY Kitchens. That's definitely in-frame but I'm not sure if you have to have the strange looking columns at the side (sorry, hard to describe on here but you'll see from the pictures).

HomeExtender Mon 06-Mar-17 18:24:28

Hi Crumbelina no I don't want in-frame. I just thought the photo posted by the OP looked like an in-frame kitchen?

Crumbelina Tue 07-Mar-17 07:33:44

Hmm, on closer inspection I think you're right - it does look in-frame/different to the website photo. DIY Kitchen do provide samples which are refundable if you commission a kitchen with them.

OnePlanOnHouzz Tue 07-Mar-17 07:53:56

Ah whoops - my bad - it started out as a Norton but they changed to Hemsley after visiting the showroom ! Sorry !

HomeExtender Tue 07-Mar-17 09:40:04

No problem at all! Thank you.

SnowGlobes Tue 07-Mar-17 12:52:04

I know what you mean about those columns... mmm? The other issue I have with kitchens is those side panels that sick out at floor level. We had a plinth on our previous kitchen so no dirt got trapped in these bits. It's a nightmare trying to find a kitchen with a plinth that doesn't have these bits that stick out - see photo.

HomeExtender Tue 07-Mar-17 13:02:57

I managed to get a photo by emailing DIY kitchens. Great customer service smile

Paulawoods Wed 08-Mar-17 11:31:12

I’ve been looking at their kitchens and like all of them. Not sure which to go for myself. The Norton is nice though, found this pic on their site which has some drawers in it too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now