Talk

Advanced search

What to do with this kitchen wall... pic included

(10 Posts)
BoringKitchen Sat 25-Feb-17 16:03:38

Renting a lovely flat but this one wall in the kitchen is so bare...

Since we don't own it I'm thinking some kind of splashback panel that could be removed if/when we move and then filling the holes as opposed to actual tilling.

Any ideas welcome, ignore the clutter smile

buzzmoon Sat 25-Feb-17 16:06:52

Stick on chalkboard, had it in a rented flat once, looked really good and used it for shopping list etc

clairethewitch70 Sat 25-Feb-17 16:10:22

Just don't join DIY ideas on a budget group on Facebook or you will decide to cover it with glitter, fablon or old cd's.

madeleinecreek Sat 25-Feb-17 16:41:34

Ikea picture ledges?

penguincrumble Sat 25-Feb-17 16:46:02

IKEA magnetic whiteboard in the biggest size that will fit.

BoringKitchen Sat 25-Feb-17 17:15:12

Ooh hadn't thought of ledges.

I've seen this that could work www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/kitchen-products/wall-panels/lysekil-wall-panel-double-sided-clouds-dots-art-40335119/

ChishandFips33 Sat 25-Feb-17 19:56:32

Does it need a splashback or could you hang a nice piece of art/picture/canvas to add colour/interest?

madeleinecreek Sat 25-Feb-17 20:55:10

Actually a canvas would be good as you could stick it up with command strips so wouldn't need to fill the wall after.

Sleepthief Sat 25-Feb-17 21:35:49

I just watched the most recent episode of The House that £100k Built (the one in NorthernIreland) and they solved a really similar problem using mdf and lengths of doweling to make peals the same height as the wall cupboards to hang mugs etc. It looked great and was really useful. Can't find an image to illustrate, but it's still on iplayer.

Boulshired Sun 26-Feb-17 08:43:42

Acrylic mirrors would look good, can be spaced out to create a feature and can be stuck on with double sided tape/ command strips and no damage to wall. I have some from Amazon.

thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mLShzpXCMg2UzSzcj39_Cuw.jpg

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now