Talk

Advanced search

What would you do to my bathroom for selling

(22 Posts)
dailystuck71 Sat 25-Feb-17 14:51:49

Please see photos. It's all white. What would you do for photos? Bag of toys and toiletries will all be removed.

Artandco Sat 25-Feb-17 14:54:31

Not much

Clear room of clutter

Move those pictures into centre of wall instead of squashed up at one size

Decent large plain towel folded over radiator

Two small plants in window

Take picture from standing on chair outside room

MrsNuckyThompson Sat 25-Feb-17 14:55:28

Not much. Looks fresh and clean. I'd co-ordinate the bath mat with hand towel and probably have the towel folded or use a smaller one (looking for faults it looks like it is a v small towel rail and I'd be wondering how I'd get my towels dry). In the past I've also stuck some fancy toiletries in when selling - Molton Brown bubble bath and a Jo Malone candle etc. It is probably the bathroom equivalent of fresh flowers or baking bread. Makes a potential buyer think about having a soak!!

SheSparkles Sat 25-Feb-17 14:56:42

Much as has already been said, but maybe a nice pop of colour with a strongly coloured matching towel and bathmat-doesn't need to cost much

dailystuck71 Sat 25-Feb-17 14:57:14

Thanks both. That's good news. I was waiting on retiling, painting etc!

dailystuck71 Sat 25-Feb-17 14:58:10

Thanks She. Can definitely get some new towels and a bath mat.

Would you just leave the toiletries holder on the wall empty?

MrsNuckyThompson Sat 25-Feb-17 15:55:59

I actually think I'd leave the toiletries on the holder but I'd cut it down to 1x shampoo, 1x conditioner and 1x shower gel. It's actually a handy feature so I'd just avoid clutter (tho to be fair it looks neat already).

wowfudge Sat 25-Feb-17 16:11:00

You don't need to do anything OP. Just make sure it's nice and clean and give the sink and loo a clean before any viewings.

Tenpastlate Sat 25-Feb-17 16:18:33

Maybe swap the toiletries on view to more upmarket brands? Sell a lifestyle!

Heratnumber7 Sat 25-Feb-17 16:21:22

I'd inject a bit of colour. But I like colour.
The current bathroom seems to be shades of "greige"

RedBugMug Sat 25-Feb-17 16:23:11

cleaning and decluttering should do. maybe paint ceiling if there are discoloured patches.

dailystuck71 Sat 25-Feb-17 18:41:49

Thank you. So I'll put out my locitanne stuff and get some new towels and bath mats. Thanks.

Crumbelina Sat 25-Feb-17 18:46:01

Maybe a nice orchid in the window. M&S usually have them for half price (£8 I think).

MrsMoastyToasty Sat 25-Feb-17 18:48:52

Coordinate the roller blind with the bathmat and toWelsh.

MrsMoastyToasty Sat 25-Feb-17 18:49:22

Towels. ..not toWelsh

NapQueen Sat 25-Feb-17 18:51:59

Nothing on the heated towel rail. A fluffy neat new towel for the tpwel rail by the bath that matches a nice new fluffy bath mat.

Small pot plants/candle/similar on the windowsill.

UnicornMadeOfPinkGlitter Sat 25-Feb-17 18:53:52

Plant on the window sill which would be otherwise clear of products.

Bright coloured towel and matching bath mat or something like stripes. Sainsbury's have some lovely patterned towels in shades of grey or blue or nice bright ones.

Otherwise clean and tidy. Make sure you use a descaler on the tiles and shower panel. And smells fresh so open windows rather than false smellls like bathroom cleaners.

Fadingmemory Sat 25-Feb-17 18:58:17

Sand the brown cupboard door above the towel rail and paint it white, remove bath mat, remove towel from radiator, put neatly folded colourful towel on rail. Remove almost all bottles/pots. Position pictures centrally on the wall (above radiator?).

Imissmyboy Sat 25-Feb-17 19:01:47

I've just had my bathroom re done. I went for all white simply because if we decide to sell later this year it won't be off putting to anyone. I have looked at houses in the past but been put off by bathrooms, which although very nice, aren't what I would have picked.
My all white bathroom is jazzed up with brightly coloured towels and bath mats. The pictures are the same colour scheme as the towels.
If I do decide to sell, I will have 'special' shampoo, shower gel etc to stage the room for viewings.

dudsville Sat 25-Feb-17 19:05:35

I think it looks fine and I wouldn't do anything to it to try to aid a sell.

NanooCov Sat 25-Feb-17 19:07:21

As others have said, new bath mat and towels. I wouldn't paint the cupboard - if you make a bad job it'll look really bad. Get rid of he packet of moist toilet tissue. That's all really.

MissDuke Sat 25-Feb-17 19:33:51

I think it is lovely! I definitely agree on brightly coloured matching towels - job done!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now