Talk

Advanced search

Moving back from Surrey to Sutton/Stoneleigh

(2 Posts)
KLCG Thu 23-Feb-17 21:18:27

Hi first post!

We moved from Sutton in September 2012. Have lived in a village outside of Guildford for a 4.5yrs. My children are dd11 and ds7 who has autism and ADHD.
DD in first year of secondary school and DS in yr2 mainstream infants.
Mother in law lives in Sutton.
We are thinking about coming back to Sutton area, especially thinking of Stoneleigh area. Although it's been lovely living where we are living and we have a lovely house. I don't feel settled and have no support. Can't get a babysitter unless Mil comes up from Sutton. Whereas all our old friends come from Sutton and very supportive of our son.

My daughter is worried about leaving her friends again, although we will only be 30mins away from them so not so far away.

Are we doing the right thing? Is it worth cost. Would you stay somewhere where you felt lonely and unsupported for the countryside?

JoJoSM2 Fri 24-Feb-17 00:12:06

It certainly won't be ideal for your daughter but better to move now than closer to GCSEs. However, if support is your top priority then it's worth moving. You should also be able to find a house close to some fields around Sutton for that countryside feel.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now