Talk

Advanced search

Parking in Tunbridge Wells Village Area

(11 Posts)
sophied82 Thu 23-Feb-17 09:15:07

Hi everyone,
We're thinking of buying a house in the village area of Tunbridge Wells - we've seen a lovely house that ticks all the boxes, except parking! There is a residents permit but there never seems to be any spaces! Does anyone here live/work in or know that part of Tunbridge Wells? What is your experience of the parking situation? Is it always really difficult or are some times/days better than others? We have an 18 month old daughter and would probably like to have another soon so will likely need a car (we live in London at the moment and don't have a car). Any local knowledge would be much appreciated!
Thanks x

squashyhat Thu 23-Feb-17 09:18:07

Never heard of a village area in TW and I know the town well. Sounds like wanky EA speak. Where is it?

sophied82 Thu 23-Feb-17 09:20:02

It's the area at the bottom of the hill near the station/high street/pantiles

GerundTheBehemoth Thu 23-Feb-17 09:33:42

I used to live in a flat in South Grove (one of the little roads going up from the High Street). Parking was always a nightmare! This was 15 years ago though so things may have changed...

EnriqueTheRingBearingLizard Thu 23-Feb-17 10:56:56

The village area is a very well known and established part of the town and property there usually commands a premium.
Nice architecture, proximity to parks, shops, restaurants and the station make it highly desirable. Unfortunately parking spaces are a bit of a nightmare, especially with so many houses converted into flats.

Cacofonix Fri 24-Feb-17 16:55:43

Yes parking there ALWAYS a nightmare and has been for years. Shame as houses usually nice and also close to the station.

Twodogsandahooch Fri 24-Feb-17 19:46:13

Agree with above. Parking is a complete nightmare in the village area. It would put me off buying there.

WindwardCircle Fri 24-Feb-17 19:54:56

Unless you buy on one of the new build estates, which guarantees you one parking space per house, I'm not sure there's any part of TW within walking distance of the station where parking isn't a nightmare.

EnriqueTheRingBearingLizard Fri 24-Feb-17 20:04:38

Windward it depends on your budget of course and if you definitely need a house rather than a flat.

birdladyfromhomealone Sat 25-Feb-17 17:28:36

We own a house in TW and the neighbours think its Ok to park on our drive when we are not there. Even local tradesmen use our drive sad
Parking is a nightmare in the whole town tbh you would be better off buying a house with a drive.
The "village" area is lovely but very overpriced.

OneOfTheGrundys Sun 26-Feb-17 01:51:40

DM lived in the village for 15 years and in TW for about 30. Parking is dreadful. Marginally better during the week but the weekends are bad. There's always somewhere on Madeira Park but that's not much use if you have bags etc. And it's v hilly. And if I didn't use the car for a few days it wasn't unheard of for me to forget where it was parked. blush

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: