Talk

Advanced search

Run out of Forbes and Lomax sockets

(8 Posts)
1ris Wed 22-Feb-17 12:13:11

Although our builder told us that we had enough put in - we don't. So we're short of one and I thought I'd try to get a stylish looking black adaptor plug.

I've searched all the usual suspects and Amazon but doesn't seem they exist. Anyone got any ideas?

minipie Wed 22-Feb-17 12:50:53

Sorry not sure what you mean by black adaptor plug? Is it a socket you're looking for a or a plug...?

minipie Wed 22-Feb-17 12:52:59

If it's a black socket then have a look at Jim Lawrence here

Can't you buy directly from Forbes & Lomax?

1ris Wed 22-Feb-17 13:02:14

I've probably got the wrong terminology. The wall socket has places for two plugs. These are in use and I want to plug in a table lamp so I need to stick in one of those plugs that will take two plugs so that in total I can have three different electrical things switched on.

It's a shame because they are beautiful sockets and it was just what we hoped to avoid happening.

1ris Wed 22-Feb-17 13:04:05

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Double-Pack-of-UK-Two-Way-Electrical-Plug-Adaptor-Socket-/291360945511

something like this I suppose is the only thing I can get. Just thought if it was black it would blend in better

minipie Wed 22-Feb-17 13:30:33

Oh I seeeee. Sorry misunderstood.

Closest I can find is this but obv would look better without a lead.

I'd probably buy the white one and paint it black!

minipie Wed 22-Feb-17 13:33:34

It shouldn't be that big a job to install a further plug socket next door to the one you already have though? Since the wiring is already all there. Does need an electrician though.

1ris Wed 22-Feb-17 14:56:39

ah okay...electrician it is I suppose. Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now