Talk

Advanced search

House 're wire

(7 Posts)
Wicky1 Tue 21-Feb-17 21:56:08

We are in a nightmare. Started having house rewired by BG in November last year. The rewire its self is all done. But now by all plug sockets etc rooms need plastering. Because it should have been at most a two week job, we are disputing Bill. BG say they don't have qualified plasterers, I certainly don't want them in house under any circumstances, wether it be to sort uneven sockets or any thing else. We've had to have unpaid days off work, the whole thing is a complete nightmare. The point of this thread is, how much should we expect off Bill. They have offered 1400 but we will get own plasterer in out of it. What do you all think? They expect us to pay 4900 before reduction.

RubyRedRuby Wed 22-Feb-17 06:46:14

Did you get a quote for it to be a plastered finish?
Are you asking for a reduction because it isn't finished (to a plastered finish) or because they took too long or because the job is shoddy?

Wicky1 Wed 22-Feb-17 07:07:16

It's because in the quote, it says it will be a plastered finish, leaving house as they find it. They took too long and the job is shoddy too. Nearly three months for a two week job is just ridiculous.

JoJoSM2 Wed 22-Feb-17 07:41:56

The timescales have been beyond terrible. However, I would say the price is low. If you get £1400 off in addition, that will bring the total down to 3500 which is extremely low. I think that's very reasonable of the electrician to offer. I'd take the money and get a decorator in to patch things up. If it's just the sockets and switches then it'll be pretty cheap and shouldn't take long. Overall, I can see that it must have been very stressful for you and very unprofessional of the electrician to have taken that long but at least you'll have it done for peanuts in the end.

Wicky1 Wed 22-Feb-17 08:18:11

It's not a electrician on his own, or a small company it's British gas. That's why we are livid. We can't believe they were here for two weeks, went for three, came back, then left for two weeks, then came back. On the first visit they left on Thursday of second week, said see you tomorrow and we never heard anything till following Monday when the office rang to rebook. I'm my mums carer, so everything is planned in advance. That's why I'm so livid, a huge company has taken our house and lives and ruined both for three months.

wowfudge Wed 22-Feb-17 10:04:45

Email the CEO of British Gas. Attach a copy of the contract - scan or photograph it - or just refer to the contract number and attach a couple of date stamped photos showing the work has not been completed as per the contract. If you are getting no joy, go straight to the top. They are in breach of contract.

Wicky1 Wed 22-Feb-17 13:34:46

Thank you so much. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now