Talk

Advanced search

How much longer?!

(3 Posts)
daydreamnation Sun 19-Feb-17 20:01:34

So we're in the process of buying and selling. Our mortgage is sorted, all paperwork we've received from solicitors we've promptly signed etc and sent back, searches have been done and survey. Our buyer has had his survey done, mortgage is done etc This whole process has been as painful as we expected but I'm trying not to stress. We were told that the 10th March was our provisional date for completion (ages ago!) but does that sound feasible?! Should I book our movers? What else needs to be done?

Herschellmum Wed 22-Feb-17 16:15:44

Ask your solicitor. Unless you have exchanged there could be movement on the date. Some utilities, least my Friends broadband needed 2 weeks notice, not sure ours did though.

Get quotes in for removals and they can pencil in dates, they are used to people moving dates around.

Sunnyshores Wed 22-Feb-17 17:24:41

Have mortgage offers been received by you and solicitors? - or just a DIP and application completed? If so, you do seem ready to go, so 10th March seems fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now