Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can we have some good chain stories?

(6 Posts)
Harumff Sun 19-Feb-17 16:10:20

We accepted an offer on our house last Monday and have reserved a new build. Our buyer has a FTB buying theirs and is a few weeks down the line on their sale.
I've just been obsessing with all of the 'buyer pulling out on day of exchange' type stories and don't think I can be even a Tony bit excited til it's all complete for jinxing it. Anyone want to share their stories of how it all went smoothly for reassurance? Are there many?

rallytog1 Sun 19-Feb-17 16:59:32

It didn't go smoothly but we did manage to get a chain of 7 (7!!!) to complete in 9 weeks. It took a LOT of pestering and at one point we did pay for a taxi to get a person to a place where they could sign documents. I would be quite relaxed about a chain like yours now!

Harumff Sun 19-Feb-17 17:39:25

7 in 9 weeks?! That's impressive, well done you.

JoJoSM2 Mon 20-Feb-17 12:23:56

Our chain of 5 took some 6 months as one link kept on changing their mind about where to move to :D It did happen in the end though smile

ScoopyDoo Mon 20-Feb-17 12:34:45

Chain of 9, took 5 months after some impressive work from our estate agent, and the agent of the one we were buying. Stay calm, request frequent updates, make sure you (or your solicitor) have done everything asked of you in terms of documentation etc. It doesn't have to be a nightmare.

thenewaveragebear1983 Mon 20-Feb-17 13:22:58

Chain of four. 9 weeks from accepting an offer to moving in. We did have our share of grumbles along the way, but on the whole it was as smooth as is realistically possible. The key for us was insisting on regular updates (we all had the same EA which helped) and having a brilliant, well organised solicitor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now