Talk

Advanced search

What are the nice areas in Sheffield?

(7 Posts)
user1467125853 Sat 18-Feb-17 19:50:03

DH and I are considering moving from Manchester to Sheffield. We love Sheffield
but don't know it to the point of knowing where to live. So we're wondering, what are the nice areas in Sheffield? Would love some local insight smile

cairnterrier Sat 18-Feb-17 20:00:27

Try around Ecclesall road. Ringinglow/ Bents Green are lovely but you do catch the wind being on top of the hill. If you fancied being a bit more rural then Hope and Hathersage are worth a look at as well. Good luck!

namechange20050 Sat 18-Feb-17 20:05:33

Sharrow Vale.

perfectlybroken Sat 18-Feb-17 20:06:30

Millhouses

Cousinit Sat 18-Feb-17 20:10:39

We lived in Sheffield for five years. It's a nice place to live with plenty on offer for young families. Depends on what you are looking for but the nicer areas are generally situated in the southwest of the city. Crookes, Hunters Bar, Broomhill, Nether Edge, Ecclesall and Fulwood are all nice areas.Or if you want a more rural location, the Peak District is on the city's doorstep and easily commutable.

Cousinit Sat 18-Feb-17 20:12:48

Millhouses Park is great! I remember taking my kids there when they were little. In fact Sheffield is blessed with lots of lovely parks. Good luck OP

bojorojo Sun 19-Feb-17 01:20:56

As Cousinit says but if you have children, make sure you are in catchment for the best schools!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now