Talk

Advanced search

South Facing Kitchen - what cabinets?

(3 Posts)
Annex Sat 18-Feb-17 08:44:29

At the point of redoing our kitchen and was just wondering whether to go for matt or gloss cabinets - I prefer the look of gloss but fear when the sun hits them it might be too much glare.

Its quite a large kitchen with two south facing windows and a south east window.

Any views gratefully received

Usernamewithnodigits Sat 18-Feb-17 12:18:40

We recently moved into a property that has a large south facing kitchen/breakfast room, bifold doors, 10ft tall windows and a gable end roof window.....so VERY warm & light.

It has cream gloss which is much better than white I imagine as it's 'softer'. White would be very harsh I think.

The gloss does show all the dirty streaks when the sun hits but as I'm a clean-freak this doesn't bother me.

Ine area has black gloss floor tiles, the other area has wooden flooring, the worktop is black granite with copper/bronze speckles....it all works very well with no glare as such but we have had to order some shutters to cool the room down a little.

Happy to PM some pics if required. smile

hilbil21 Sun 19-Feb-17 20:42:25

Could you PM me some pics? Im just about to get a new kitchen and what you have sounds exactly like what we want smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now