Talk

Advanced search

Recommended removal company in SE London

(15 Posts)
sadams123 Fri 17-Feb-17 21:53:29

We're moving from SE19 London to Beckenham BR3 (literally 20 min drive). Looking for good removal company to help us move our stuff from a 1 bed flat to a 3 bed house.
We are thinking of using Pickfords as they've been in business for a long time. I've read lots of good reviews. Its not the cost, its the quality of service so I don't mind forking out extra for it.
Happy to pack everything myself and furniture wrapped up. I just need to move my possessions.
Any recommendations please let me know. We're moving in 10 days so need to book something quite soon.

Cacofonix Sat 18-Feb-17 08:42:56

We used James Removal in the same area two years ago. Utterly fabulous.

woofsaidtimmy Sat 18-Feb-17 10:23:18

I second James Removals.

contractor6 Sat 18-Feb-17 10:36:30

I got a few quote and Pickford's where twice as expensive. City removals where competative and happy with service so far, but not actually moved yet. They have good reviews

Jermajesty Sat 18-Feb-17 12:10:50

I recently used Rocketvan recently when I moved a 10 min drive in the SE. They were excellent!! V reasonable and the service was superb.

TheCrowFromBelow Sat 18-Feb-17 12:36:15

Harradines of Peckham were excellent when we lived but it was over 5 years ago

southwest1 Sat 18-Feb-17 14:43:33

I used James Removals last year, they were brilliant. They were the only ones that quoted who noticed without me having to point it out that my display cabinet was very old and fragile and needed export wrapping.

Their packing service is amazing, I'd really recommend that. Think it was £400 but I'd pay double knowing what a difference it made.

JeffreySadsacIsUnwell Sat 18-Feb-17 20:13:40

Another vote for James Removals. We did a 3-day move last year with them, 5-bed house to another 5-bed. Not a single thing was broken, they were good-humoured and polite - and extremely grateful for every cup of tea!!

I'd use them again, except that I never want to move house again in my life... The actual move was by far the least stressful element of the whole process.

sadams123 Sat 18-Feb-17 20:55:26

Thanks all. Pickfords called and quoted £600+vat but they're doing a video chat to asses what exactly need taking or packing and then give a more accurate quite based on what we're taking and/or oacking service. Has anyone used them?

se22mother Sat 18-Feb-17 21:03:47

Smiles removals of west Dulwich are quite good

sadams123 Wed 22-Feb-17 15:37:56

Thanks. Pickfords were quoting £1100 inc packaging. Its over our budget so we're contacting Smile Removal in stead (as suggested by se22mother )

James Removals are fully booked! we're moving in 1 week so really need to get something booked in asap.

Anyone else used Smiles Removal? They're initially quoting £60 an hour

Fifinella Wed 22-Feb-17 15:54:08

We did almost the same move 2 years ago (SE22 to BR3) and used Roberts & Denny's, they're based in Peckham.

sadams123 Wed 22-Feb-17 16:26:18

Thanks! We're waiting to get a call from Smile but my husband is going to speak to Rocket Van. I'll call Roberts and Denny's if we have no luck with either,

GrubbyWindows Wed 22-Feb-17 16:48:52

I used Gentleman and a Van for a packing move from a 3 bed flat to a 2 bed in se22 5 years ago, 700 all in (that's including the tip and vat). They were absolutely fantastic. Nothing broken, all smooth and courteous, they rebuilt our bed as part of the service. Various friends have used them since very happily.

MrsPatterson2014 Wed 22-Feb-17 18:22:17

We used Smile 4 years ago and 2 neighbours also used them. Would recommend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now