Talk

Advanced search

Flooring advice - white laminate

(5 Posts)
user1473882712 Wed 15-Feb-17 23:48:57

We have purhased a newbuild, the internal doors that come with the house are a medium colour brown oak, we got lots of floor samples over the weekend... We originally wanted grey but the grey looked shockingly bad against the brown doors, not in a good contrast way just looked wrong... We went back to the floor shop & got lots of brown samples to see if we could get an exact match to the doors, again all looked wrong.. So now we are thinking of a very light brown/white oak laminate, has anyone any pics or know if this would be a nightmare to maintain?? Or any other suggestions, we don't want tiles, just a nice laminate will make us happy that matches our doors nicelysmile

lindylove14 Thu 16-Feb-17 10:27:28

I have a pure white bathroom floor and have to wipe it over every day or more as within a couple of hours it's covered in pubes, dust, hair and fluff. No idea where it all comes from! I would be very wary about white floors throughout. Something with a bit of pattern or colour would be much easier to maintain.

Kiroro Thu 16-Feb-17 11:05:08

My friend has a distresses white oak laminate floor - looks great! Because of the 'distressed' look it doesn't show marks or dirt too badly like you might think with a white colour.

Orangepear Thu 16-Feb-17 11:17:15

We have white laminate with a grey grain, from Ikea. It's lovely, makes the rooms look big and light. I'd paint the doors white, then you can have whichever floor you like!

MiaowTheCat Thu 16-Feb-17 13:56:42

I've got slate effect laminate - it's lovely. It's grey enough that it goes with our white and grey furniture, but it's also got enough brown tones in it that it works with our stained doors. Plus it hides the ever present trail of muddy paw and foot prints!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now