loader

Talk

Advanced search

Loo /sink in Garage and Building Regs

(3 Posts)
Sunny777 Wed 15-Feb-17 12:11:07

Hi all,
need help on couple of things,

Want to add a loo and Sink in the garage(which is accessed from a door in dining room).
The corner in garage has walls on 2 sides and this part currently houses our washing machine and hot/cold and waste pipes are there.

How much should is cost, we are in south east.

Also, one of the plumbers suggested a Saniflo as we will need it only for occasional wee and have a full bathroom upstairs.

Also, will i need Build Regs approval in case of fitting a Saniflo or just adding a sink/loo.

Very confused as to how to go about it due to budget etc.

My wife is pregnant so that will save her at least couple of trips upstairs a day.
Dont want to do it in under stairs cupboard as we use it to store kitchen stuff and it doesnt have access to water/waste etc.

Please advise.

Thanks

Indaba Wed 15-Feb-17 15:10:22

Just phone local council planning department. They are usually very helpful and used to answering these type of questions. You don't even have to disclose your name and address. Get a good installer with your saniflo. We used to have one that caused all sorts of problems and if I had the choice wouldn't do it again if I could help it. And to be honest, if its at ground level not sure why you'd need one.

Sunny777 Wed 15-Feb-17 15:45:19

Thanks Indaba, will call the council too.
I dont have a huge budget and dont want to invest a lot as its not our forever home, so thats why was looking at cheaper alternative like Saniflo rather than having a proper cloakroom built.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now