Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How to say thank you

(9 Posts)
parking2017 Wed 15-Feb-17 11:54:52

We recently completed on our first house which is undergoing full renovations.

Our parents on both sides have helped us immensely with the renovation work and we want to do something nice for them once we are in to say thank you as we could have never done it without their help and want them to know how much we appreciate it.

Im stumped for ideas though. Can anyone give any suggestions?

GlitteryFluff Wed 15-Feb-17 12:07:35

How much do you want to spend?
You can get a red letter day type gift of a hotel break away. Tesco were doing two nights and breakfast for £75 at Christmas as I bought one for my parents.
Hundreds of locations across U.K. they can choose from. Varying from super posh hotels to teepees in fields and all in between.

FatCatFaces Wed 15-Feb-17 12:08:41

Dinner somewhere fancy pants for all of you - or just for each couple?

Send them a case of wine/booze (if they drink), decent chocolates or lovely flowers.

Is there anything that either set of parents are "into"? If they like the outdoors for example, maybe a national trust membership?

What do they like/do?

wowfudge Wed 15-Feb-17 12:14:26

Invite them round for a meal. They won't expect expensive gifts having helped you out, surely?

rallytog1 Wed 15-Feb-17 17:24:26

Watching with interest as we're in the same position. I think inviting them for a lovely meal in your new house is a nice idea.

petitdonkey Wed 15-Feb-17 17:26:22

I think that a card or letter telling them exactly how you feel will mean the most. Include an invitation to dinner with it and make a huge effort and I'm sure they will be thrilled.

Villagernumber9 Wed 15-Feb-17 20:07:08

Take them out to dinner.

parking2017 Thu 16-Feb-17 07:06:55

Thank you.
A nice dinner sounds like the way to go.

I'd love to have the cash to spend on them as I would take them to a lovely spa hotel for a few days, but that is a bit out of reach for now

stonecircle Thu 16-Feb-17 07:11:38

As a parent I'd much prefer being invited round for a nice meal to an expensive gift.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now