Talk

Advanced search

Magnet trade kitchens

(9 Posts)
legfaced Tue 14-Feb-17 18:07:06

Does anyone know roughly how much cheaper magnet trade is v magnet retail?

Thanks

OnePlanOnHouzz Wed 15-Feb-17 08:36:49

Not sure how magnet work - but as this is still unanswered...
lots of trade places offer variable discounts to the tradespeople dependent on how much business they put through each month or quarter ... so the more they 'bring in ' the better the rates. Which is often why tradespeople are keen for you to Buy either through them or linked to them as they then make a kick back on it .
To reiterate - not sure if magnet do that too - but I would say it's likely ! So that would make a difference to the pricing dependent, on how much the tradesperson you are using puts through that trade account.

legfaced Wed 15-Feb-17 17:42:02

Thanks. Will wait and see then! Think he puts a lot through so hoping for a good discounted price 😄

wowfudge Wed 15-Feb-17 18:20:32

Not all the kitchens Magnet offer retail are available at trade prices. Worth checking if there is something you are set on. I dislike the lack of transparency in the pricing.

LooksLikeImStuckHere Thu 16-Feb-17 21:50:14

Magnet Trade offer every type of kitchen that Magnet offer in their showrooms, according to the guy we spoke to at the warehouse. On average (we looked at a lot of their styles as are indecisive) it was about 70-80% discount.

LooksLikeImStuckHere Thu 16-Feb-17 21:51:07

Worth mentioning that they can't do much about the cost of worktops and appliances, they pretty much are what they are (though they did give us the name of local stone places so we could go direct).

wowfudge Fri 17-Feb-17 15:25:14

Hmm - one of their designers told me different. Their trade website states they offer 50 different kitchen designs and the retail site states 'over 50'. Anyway, they are overpriced for what they are imo.

LooksLikeImStuckHere Fri 17-Feb-17 17:13:36

Possibly. We wanted something that came pre-assembled and they saved us £1k on the price of DIY Kitchens so we were swayed by that!

Ramona75 Fri 17-Feb-17 18:52:32

I imagine not much once the kitchen fitter has added his bit. 80% discount? Lol, I bet even with 80% off it is still cheaper by 30% from the online retailers. I do wish companies would start showing the "realistic price" and not some made up price increased by 80% so that it looks like a bargain in a sale.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now