Talk

Advanced search

Range cooket or hob & built in oven & microwave

(7 Posts)
minnymoobear Tue 14-Feb-17 07:08:47

Help!!
Nearly there with brand new kitchen extension and going mad thinking about appliances!

Built in ovens seem small! Wanted thr neff slide and hide- looks tiny!
So thought combi micro with oven which is about 500 plus - so will be around £1500 for a gas hob plus oven and microwave.

Man at currys said a range cooker is much bette than the integrated stuff - whichbis what id always thought but felt a new kitchen should have the nice looking built in appliances.

What do you think guys? Were a family of 5, cook a fair amount in thr oven and have space to go with either plan in the new kitchen.

All advice/thoughts appreciated!

twocockers Tue 14-Feb-17 07:10:21

Not an oven but have you thought about an induction hob? Love mine - so quick and REALLY easy to clean.

wowfudge Tue 14-Feb-17 07:13:44

We've just bought a range cooker as it fits into our kitchen design much better than any alternative. It's also more in keeping with the house, which is Edwardian. It's still up for debate, but we may keep the freestanding dishwasher rather than buy an integrated one. We have an American style fridge freezer already which we are keeping.

OnePlanOnHouzz Tue 14-Feb-17 07:31:23

For bigger families of dedicated cooks I often put in a range AND built up oven - so don't feel it needs to be a set choice ! There are some range cookers with massive ovens available ( usually these range's are 900wide - so cavity is approx 800 wide ) couple that with a single built oven .
The whole point of any kitchen changes are that they suit you !!

AyeAmarok Tue 14-Feb-17 07:38:53

Induction hobs are great for cleaning and heating up quickly.

But a range looks so good.

<removes splinter>

SorrelForbes Tue 14-Feb-17 07:41:31

We've gone for two single ovens side by side with a hob over the top and a built in microwave in a base unit opposite.

greenfolder Tue 14-Feb-17 07:41:44

I have had a neff oven and separate built in oven/microwave for the last 8 years. I have never felt the need for anything else. I wish we had gone for a bigger hob though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now