Talk

Advanced search

Join living room / dining room

(6 Posts)
SouthernNorthernGirl Sat 11-Feb-17 12:37:05

Those that have their dining table in their living room, would you be OK to share a photo please?
My room isn't very big, and has a sofa, table and chairs, TV unit, bookcase, coffee table and armchair (mainly Ikea)
I don't like it very much, and can't seem to find what I do like, so would love some inspiration.

SouthernNorthernGirl Sat 11-Feb-17 12:42:17

Made a title mistake - meant Joint, of course

ImNotReallyReal Sat 11-Feb-17 12:56:41

No photo as I live in a different house now. But we took out the cupboard under the stairs to make space for a dining table. We could keep it there for family meals or pull it out and extend it if we had friends over or for Christmas.

This was in a 2up 2down terrace which we'd made one room as a living/dining room. I'll see if I can find an EA photo without identifying myself.

SouthernNorthernGirl Sat 11-Feb-17 12:59:41

Ah, ISWYM (I think) The stairs were in the main room?
Of course, sorry! I forgot about identifying etc.

Wondermoomin Sat 11-Feb-17 13:10:21

Also no photo as we've moved but had a joint one in a couple of places. How you do it depends on the proportions of your room. Ours were both rectangular - say about 12ft x 18ft and about 11ft x 15ft (approximate measurements). For those, we used one end of the room as the dining bit. For the larger room, we sort of sectioned it off by having a sofa with its back to the dining table. The smaller room, it has to just be a 3ft round table and chairs in a corner.

What are the measurements?

JoJoSM2 Sat 11-Feb-17 17:47:20

Have you had a look on Houzz? It's a great source of inspiration.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now