Talk

Advanced search

Has Brexit affected your decision to go to market?

(7 Posts)
FunSpunge Fri 10-Feb-17 10:59:57

Just that really, has Brexit affected you decision as to whether you move or stay where you are?

Just curious as the EA where we are (Yorkshire) say they haven't seen the market this dry in a long time

wowfudge Fri 10-Feb-17 11:35:58

Yes - we moved before the referendum, even though we thought at the time it was unlikely the vote would be to leave.

SharonStrzelecki Fri 10-Feb-17 11:56:59

No it hasn't. We've just agreed a sale / purchase. It might influence us on how long we fix our new mortgage for though.

user1484830599 Fri 10-Feb-17 12:21:35

Not my decision personally, but I have noticed that there are much fewer properties coming onto the market locally (I am a rightmove junkie!). Whereas this time last year would be 5-6 a day, increasing to 10-12 a day around March/April, there is one or two every couple of days. I have been watching the local property market for a long time now and I have never seen it so slow.

However, in saying that what is on the market seems to be stuff that has been there for at least 6 months or so, and if anything vaguely attractive does come on it sells instantly (last two I've seen within two days).

flownthecoopkiwi Fri 10-Feb-17 13:13:55

we sold before Brexit decision but moved two weeks ago. We almost pulled out and have had some second thoughts. Probably hitting the higher end of the market here. Solid Remain territory with quite a big international workforce.

JoJoSM2 Fri 10-Feb-17 14:12:38

It has affected our decision-making. We were considering moving to a larger, more expensive house. However, we are worried about what might happen when Brexit happens and how our income level and mortgage availability and rates might be affected so we are staying put where we are.

FunSpunge Fri 10-Feb-17 19:55:54

I'm just hoping it's the time of year but EA is saying Brexit has had a major effect
Lots of higher value properties, lots of lower value but nothing in the middle. It is the middle which is needed most for those wanting to upsize and for those wanting to downsize.

No one wants to put their house on the market if there is nothing for them to buy. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now