Talk

Advanced search

Cost of wood burner in 3 storey Georgian townhouse?

(4 Posts)
Shadowboy Thu 09-Feb-17 14:26:39

We are in the middle of purchasing a 3 storey Georgian property with huge fireplaces but no wood burner (semi blocked up- picture attached)

It's a massive room- high ceilings and 4m x 5m so will need a fair few KW.

Anyone had one fitted to a 3 storey? I presume this makes it costly for dropping down the flue/scaffolding etc

Shadowboy Thu 09-Feb-17 14:41:16

This is the chimney breast with a newer looking brick back to it

whatsthecomingoverthehill Thu 09-Feb-17 14:56:51

I think the flue liner itself won't be much of a problem, they seem to be able to get them down all sorts of twists and turns. Might have to pay for a cherry picker to get it in, so a few hundred for that perhaps. And the liner itself will be a bit more as it's longer.

Thing to watch out for if you need a big wood burner is you then need enough air ventilation.

PathOfLeastResitance Thu 09-Feb-17 17:48:41

The cost will be per metre for the liner and a wood only liner is cheaper as opposed to a multi fuel liner. We have a three storey house and the fitters went up on ladders and scurried around without scaffolding. We got quotes from 4 companies and 2 wanted scaffolding and 2 didn't.
Your photo isn't showing itself but you will also need to factor in plastering costs and get advice on whether or not the floor area (the correct word has escaped me!) is big enough/suitable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now