Talk

Advanced search

Grout behind cooker

(10 Posts)
QuattroFormaggio Wed 08-Feb-17 14:36:32

God I post some boring threads.

I need to decide what colour grout to have behind our range cooker. White metro tiles done herringbone style. I would prefer white grout so the pattern doesn't stand out too much but my builder says this will be a nightmare to keep clean and says grey would be better.

Any advice/experience? Does that grout seal stuff work? I'm thinking at least you can bleach white grout, presumably you can't do that with grey??

bojorojo Wed 08-Feb-17 15:31:23

Personally a slab of granite makes life so much easier - if you like scrubbing - go with tiles. Not sure grout will lose colour with bleach. I assume you like cleaning?

QuattroFormaggio Wed 08-Feb-17 15:56:27

Haha! OK I'm going to have to channel my inner Anthea then because the tiles are already bought!

amyboo Wed 08-Feb-17 15:59:55

I have white grout (inherited with the house) in my kitchen and I hate hate hate it. Yes, you can spray it with bleach, but it is never clean. It's a permanently yellowy greyish colour. Horrible. As soon as I re-do the kitchen I'm getting glass splashbacks so there's no blooming grout.

FWIW we also had white grout in the last house and it was just the same. I tried all sorts to get it clean and nothing worked.

QuattroFormaggio Wed 08-Feb-17 17:28:38

Grey it is then grin

wowfudge Wed 08-Feb-17 18:09:46

You can get glitter grout OP. There was a thread somewhere last night.....

QuattroFormaggio Wed 08-Feb-17 20:06:01

Ooh no, it's a pretty traditional kitchen, not sure glitter would go...

wowfudge Wed 08-Feb-17 21:27:41

It was a light-hearted suggestion - I thought sparkly grey might be more bearable smile

QuattroFormaggio Wed 08-Feb-17 21:30:25

The amount of kitchen-related decisions I've had to make lately, I was just relieved to hear a suggestion I was sure I didn't want grin

Ruhrpott Wed 08-Feb-17 22:56:37

I have white behind my range cooker and it's still white though I do have a glass lid on my cooker which covers the back wall while cooking. Mine gets dirtier behind the sink and I just bleach it clean.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now