Talk

Advanced search

Thomas sanderson blinds - any good?

(9 Posts)
minijoeyjojo Mon 06-Feb-17 14:53:11

Hi,

We've just had a quote from Thomas Sanderson for some shutters and blinds for our house. To be honest they don't seem like the most competent company so far. It's taken them ages to actually get back to us with a quote and the quote itself seems to comprise some screen shots of someone's computer. Doesn't really look professional! Plus there is no breakdown at all as to what the costs are!

Anyone had any experience with them? Are they actually a good company that is just coming across as a complete shambles?

Sleepthief Mon 06-Feb-17 19:59:56

My only experience (from years ago) is that they were way more expensive than their competitors. We've ended up going with a local company with a excellent track record and personal recommendations.

Indaba Mon 06-Feb-17 20:51:15

I personally would strongly recommend going with a local firm. Get at least two or three quotes from local firms. Sanderson are a big franchise type thing. If things go wrong we had 2 sets of friends fall down a big rabbit hole with them. This sort of stuff is expensive. Take your time and shop around.

Wellbroughhall11 Mon 06-Feb-17 21:01:27

We had the quote for 2 bay windows and the quote came in at £9400. We got the same job done by a local shutter company in Harrogate for £2300! They've just been installed and look amazing.
www.shutteremporium.com - we dealt with a lovely lady called Rachel.

JoJoSM2 Fri 10-Feb-17 23:33:27

I had then come round for a quote and found to be a scam - the price quoted literally several times over any other quotes.

Aftershock15 Fri 17-Feb-17 14:02:12

Did you go with Thomas Sanderson for blinds in the end? Everyone seems to give them really bad reviews on price but we have really odd shaped windows and everyone else has said they can't do anything. I've got someone coming on Monday to have a look/quote.

I did suggest I send a picture first but they seem confident they can do something. Last company sent a very large gentleman who looked like he was going to collapse when he got up 2 flights of stairs and immediately said their was nothing they could do.

I have told them dh won't be here and I don't need his input but won't sign up on the spot. Luckily phone technology has moved on so I'll just block the number if they call repeatedly, which seems to be another complaint.

mumsyannab3ll3 Mon 08-May-17 11:03:23

Hey there, I've been looking into shutters too and don't feel that confident about Thomas Sanderson. Did you choose anyone in the end I've heard some great things about Clement Browne because i'm considering wood shutters, i've got their brochure at the moment. I'll let you know if I go ahead.

Doublechocolatetiffin Mon 08-May-17 13:27:29

We had Thomas Sanderson shutters installed earlier this year. They were expensive in their initial quote, but I negotiated (said I wasn't sure and told them their pricing structure was stupid) and they dropped the price significantly. I did look at other shutters, but they didn't seem like such good quality. I'm really happy with them so far and thought the installation service was good, much better than the dippy sales lady who came to see us.

We didn't bother with their blinds though, stupidly expensive, laughable in fact.

AnnieAnoniMouse Mon 08-May-17 13:36:59

Last company sent a very large gentleman who looked like he was going to collapse when he got up 2 flights of stairs

...this is relevant how? I'm 'large' and I'm not well, on bad days I struggle with two flights of stairs too. Should I give up my job in case some twat judges me incompetent on the basis of my weight or breathlessness? Or should I, you know, carry on with my job & ignore judgemental twats? Hmm, tough decision. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now