Talk

Advanced search

Wallpaper?

(11 Posts)
PointlessUsername Mon 06-Feb-17 14:50:55

Hi

I am in the process of decorating our living room which is long in length with a dinning table at the other end.

I have painted two walls in Dusted Fondant by dulux but as the room is long i though about papering either end to draw the room in.

Is this paper too much?

Thanks.

HeyMacWey Mon 06-Feb-17 14:53:10

It'd be too much for me in a living room tbh. But I prefer a less fussy style in living areas.

If you love it then go for it.

kel1234 Mon 06-Feb-17 14:54:26

Honestly I don't like it. But if you do it

Villagernumber9 Mon 06-Feb-17 15:07:40

Wow. Sorry but that would give me headache.

PointlessUsername Mon 06-Feb-17 15:11:28

That was my worry. Its gross really isnt it grin

I have spent so long looking at wallpapers i am not trusting my own judgement..

I am not sure whatelse to go with.

minipie Mon 06-Feb-17 15:20:00

I would paint all walls the same and then put a long horizontal mirror on one of the long walls so as to make the room appear wider.

AndShesGone Mon 06-Feb-17 15:24:21

It's fantastic. I was thinking about buying the red roses version. It's really a photographic mural. You can tone it down by having bedside tables/picture above it/bookshelf.

But feel free not to listen to me as I'm utterly sick of griege, grey, beige and I'm going to cover my walls in lots of different patterns.

Ohyesiam Mon 06-Feb-17 16:35:02

I can imagine it working in a spacious, elegant Victorian room.

Villagernumber9 Mon 06-Feb-17 17:36:19

Try going to a wallpaper store and get some samples. I find that the best way.

bigredboat Mon 06-Feb-17 18:47:00

I Love it! But then I do have a feature wall of wallpaper in my living room which according to mumsnet is terribly naff.

PointlessUsername Tue 07-Feb-17 13:17:54

There isn't much wall for the paper to cover really as both end walls have radiators which have radiator covers over them and then a 7ft high window each.

Im still not sure if i love it or it will be too much. Previously i had a striped grey and beige wallpaper either end and it felt dull.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: