Talk

Advanced search

Options for driveways

(3 Posts)
stonecircle Sat 04-Feb-17 19:09:27

So our driveway needs redoing. It's part block paving and part concrete. It looks a mess - the concrete is broken and a lot of the individual blocks have lifted, I think because of tree roots underneath and/or general subsidence/settling.

The drive slopes up from the road (about a car's length and width, plus a decent margin either side). This is the area that's block paved. It then flattens and widens out in front of the house (about a car's length and the width of two cars).

I'm wondering what the options are. I'm a bit sick of block paving - but it's probably better to have to keep lifting individual blocks and levelling them rather than dealing with broken concrete. Gravel probably wouldn't work because of the slope. Concrete looks too harsh. Are there any other options out there?

ggirl Sat 04-Feb-17 19:12:09

google resin driveways

like gravel but not

bit pricey mind

Villagernumber9 Sat 04-Feb-17 21:09:51

Paving cracks if they're not layed correctly, concrete will also crack for the same reason and gravel ends up all over the street.
I'd get some tarmac down for low price or, if you have the money, get some quotes from driveway firms.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now