Talk

Advanced search

Bathroom flooring ideas

(1 Post)
Stinkymimi Tue 31-Jan-17 23:56:28

My bathroom is nicely fitted with good quality sanitaryware and a lot of tiling, put in by the previous owner. I don't want to change it right now.
The only unsatisfactory bit is the floor - they laid wood flooring over the original floorboards but it has cracked over where the hot pipes run and so has a very uneven appearance (if the cracks were all even, they'd look like narrow floorboards and I wouldn't mind so much but some areas are badly cracked and some hardly at all).
A couple of years ago, we filled the two worst cracks (4-5mm wide) with some kind of silicon, and painted the whole floor with F&B floor paint. It looked ok for a bit, but the uneven cracks have returned and in any case it is now quite chipped and scratched all over so needs sorting out.
I can't replace the wood flooring because all the expensive bathroom fittings sit on it, if you see what I mean - I'd have to remove and refit the bathroom in order to get the floor taken out. However I can't lay anything on top of it (I don't think?) because 1) the floor hacxall these cracks and is not perfectly flat and 2) I don't want to raise the floor level by more than about 3mm because we would have to fit the new flooring around all the loo and sink pedestal etc which I think would look pretty bad. Also there's already a lip the thickness of the existing wooden floor (almost a centimetre?) at the entrance to the room, and I don't think we want to make it even higher.
Can anyone suggest any kind of flooring which might work for us? I think I am imagining a thin but robust lino or lino tiles but I have no idea if such a thing exists. Even if it was a short term fix it would be better than nothing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now