Talk

Advanced search

Feeling frustrated with house purchase!

(4 Posts)
FudgeyCookie Mon 30-Jan-17 19:24:12

We found a great house, perfect location, which we offered on and got accepted. We were originally given an exchange date of the a couple of weeks ago and completion last week.

But now it feels like it's all come to a stand still! Our solicitor left and handed the purchase over to another one. Estate agents rang to ask if we had heard anything as the sellers solicitors refused to talk to them over the phone and would only correspond by email, which we hadn't so they emailed both solicitors to ask for an update. A week later, still nothing.

Rang our solicitors on thursday to which she is chasing the other solicitors and drawing up the pre contract report. I'm fed up of chasing and talking to dp about it, so now I'm venting here grin

Any tips on speeding it up?

dancingqueen345 Mon 30-Jan-17 22:36:31

Nag nag nag. Call, leave messages, send emails.

Your solicitor is working for you and so should be regularly keeping you informed of what's going on/holding things up.

Bluntness100 Mon 30-Jan-17 22:39:14

God, you just have to keep chasing them all, it's absolute and utter hell. 😞

FudgeyCookie Tue 31-Jan-17 18:36:36

Obviously my venting on here worked - I got home to the pre contract report, mortgage offer, as well of loads of things to sign.

Although we are still waiting for answers to some additional enquiries, that were sent 3 weeks ago. Some of the answers have come back as we now have certificates and garuntees, but still no closer to an exchange date!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now