Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

want to offer on house...

(13 Posts)
contractor6 Mon 30-Jan-17 14:37:11

So I have accepted an offer on my house and want to second view a house before we offer, estate agent is asking if I really want to buy the house. Surely I wouldn't spend my time and energy chasing if I didn't?!?!
This is in an area that it takes month/years to sell usually.

user1484830599 Mon 30-Jan-17 14:45:01

Its not up to them whether you do or not. If you want it, but it.

When we bought our house the agent tried to put us off it, telling us the garden was too small and it was too far away from amenities. Wasn't a coincidence that they suggested we view a different property (which turned out to be their own house that they were selling!). We still bought it, and the garden and distance from amenities are fine.

user1484830599 Mon 30-Jan-17 14:45:20

I mean BUY it, not but it!

OlennasWimple Mon 30-Jan-17 14:48:47

Bit odd, but maybe the vendors have had timewasters in the past and are keen that only serious buyers look round?

steppemum Mon 30-Jan-17 14:50:55

we saw ours 3 times. Sellers were a bit nervous - Why did we want to see it so much?
But I knew it had been on th emarket for a long time, so no-one was going to nip in and steal it from us, and I wanted to be sure. Third time I took my mum and dad as they are veyr experienced house doer uppers, and I knew they would spot potential problems.

If you want to see it again, then see it again.

Lilmisskittykat Mon 30-Jan-17 15:31:10

I guess through experience showing a house time and time again to someone who doesn't make an offer is frustrating.. I'd be glad my agent checked...

clumsyduck Mon 30-Jan-17 15:33:30

Well yes but going for a second viewing on something that costs 100s of thousands of pounds isn't exactly strange is it

Lilmisskittykat Mon 30-Jan-17 15:42:54

Not at all.. just as checking someone can afford 100s isn't.

contractor6 Mon 30-Jan-17 19:53:29

Ok so the issue is that its coming off the market sad sellers are separating and apparently need to go to court. Onwards with the house search...

user1484830599 Mon 30-Jan-17 21:58:45

Oh that might make sense that the EA was asking if you really wanted to buy it. The last thing you want when buying a house is to come in the middle of a warring couple!

contractor6 Tue 31-Jan-17 07:32:27

We will carry on looking but EA promised to keep us informed. My DH and I have only agreed on two houses in four years, this being one and at perfect time.

user1484830599 Tue 31-Jan-17 07:51:57

Two houses in four years? Do you think you may need to compromise a little (just a suggestion, not a dig!) whats the reason - location? type of house?

It may come back on in the future, peoples circumstances change - a few years ago I fell in love with a house but we weren't ready to move. Unfortunately it sold, but four months later (when we were ready to move) that sale fell through and we bought that house.

If they are separating and it is going to court that would suggest that the house will be sold eventually? Is it worth contacting the vendors directly, note through the door with your contact details etc?

contractor6 Tue 31-Jan-17 09:26:29

user yes we should compromise grinbut the search is in a different area we were going to buy as a second home to rent out, until ready to move to the area. We've now sold existing house and moved into rented in the area. So its a little more urgent now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now